If Khalistan Was To Be Independent, What Would You Do?

Bir_Rass

If it was just another corrupt state, run by some dominant subgroup (such as jatts or any other group) mainly based around their own agenda, interests and exclusionary practices - nope.

However, if it was a progressive, tolerant, inclusive, positive society. That fostered and encouraged community spirit, fairness and opportunity I would go back and dedicate the rest of my life to help building it up in what ever way I could tomorrow, as long as I had enough food to eat, a decent roof over my head and some degree of security and respect. They would need to sort out the medical system and put in at least basic social services as a top priority in my opinion.

But right now, it looks like it would quickly be dominated by exactly the same type of backwards, petty ruralites we see at the helm of power now.

Because right now they are the ones dominating the top institutes of Sikhs (in our homeland) in a very negative way and I believe we need to squarely face this to even attempt to remedy it.

Rest assured, if it was ANY other group doing similar, I'd be strongly castigating them too. And should any other group replace the current bunch and do similar in future, I'll be putting the boot into them too.

Time to face some of those ugly truths we have going on between us, instead of tip toeing around them.

It's the 21st century and the panth needs to get it's act together, not wallow in rural mentality (which isn't limited solely to Jatts by the way although they are it's key supporters).

I think we need a lot of change within the Sikh community to successfully face the problems that will get thrown at us in the coming years.

The issue is more of a peculiar insular, materialistic, corrupt Jatt mentality which thankfully not all Jatts take on board, but too many of those in power in Panjab do unfortunately.

Can anyone put their hands on their heart and say they don't see this? It's time to think bigger than the old vested interests. It's time for nation building, progression, learning from past and current mistakes and trying to come out of 'same old' cycles we are stuck in.

Time for change.

I know many of you feel this too, whether you openly say it or not. We are getting left behind in the new order of things.

Because right now they are the ones dominating the top institutes of Sikhs (in our homeland) in a very negative way and I believe we need to squarely face this to even attempt to remedy it.

Rest assured, if it was ANY other group doing similar, I'd be strongly castigating them too. And should any other group replace the current bunch and do similar in future, I'll be putting the boot into them too.

Time to face some of those ugly truths we have going on between us, instead of tip toeing around them.

It's the 21st century and the panth needs to get it's act together, not wallow in rural mentality (which isn't limited solely to Jatts by the way although they are it's key supporters).

I think we need a lot of change within the Sikh community to successfully face the problems that will get thrown at us in the coming years.

The issue is more of a peculiar insular, materialistic, corrupt Jatt mentality which thankfully not all Jatts take on board, but too many of those in power in Panjab do unfortunately.

Can anyone put their hands on their heart and say they don't see this? It's time to think bigger than the old vested interests. It's time for nation building, progression, learning from past and current mistakes and trying to come out of 'same old' cycles we are stuck in.

Time for change.

I know many of you feel this too, whether you openly say it or not. We are getting left behind in the new order of things.

Only reason is because numbers wise there are more Jatts than other sub groups. Why can't you just just describe them as Sikhs or if you feel they do not qualify then as Punjabi?

Again rural mentality applies to all, lets do it proportionally, what percent of Jatts are highly educated compaired to others? Numbers wise there will be more uneducated rural mentality wise but percent wise I don't know. Personally my great granfather went to uni in punjab and my grandfather here in 1940's UK, so were not all country bumpkins.

There is no such thing as 'Jatt corupt mentality' JUST CORRUPT INDIVIDUALS, how can you judge a whole group of people by the actions of a few people who belong to that community. Sikhs in Punjab are about 60% so if the others call it corrupt Sikh mentality, is that OK?

Again in varna system Jatts are 3rd out of 4. Why do you think they made a name for them selfs and nowadays they see themselves equal as bramin and khatri sikhs? This social mobilty was avaliable to all.

Jattas in Punjab,India are more proud of being Jatts rather than Sikhs.

Again in varna system Jatts are 3rd out of 4. Why do you think they made a name for them selfs and nowadays they see themselves equal as bramin and khatri sikhs? This social mobilty was avaliable to all.

Shall we never see the end of these caste Divisions . Were Jatts , Khatris,Aroras ,Ramgarhias,Chamars,Labanas born of their own free will into the respective races.