Maharaj of Patiala

Guest rsingh

Taken from http://www.sikhionline.com/PHOTOS/index.ppa

Maharaja%20Of%20Patiala%20Vandyk%2022nd%20April%201931.jpg

ohmy.gif Looks like a proper General of an army.

The Maharaja “ had great love for titles and honours, France,Belgium, Spain, and the Vatican, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Egypt,Hungary and Holland were some of the countires from, which he extracted decorations “ The backdrops at the Vandyk studio did not accord with Bhupendra Singh’s idea of a background , and in some of his images he commissioned a more statemanlike background to be painted onto the negative

Image Vandyk 22 April 1931

Guest rsingh
is he the same one we talked about in the amrinder singh thread!

The picture is of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh grand father of Captain Amarinder Singh . He is the one who had hundreds of wives and helped fund the Shepards Bush Gurdwara.

in that case ill post my post here aswell. this is the guy who was caught by Baldev Singh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from Amrinder Singh thread:-

I havent read all the above but did u know.

his grandfather was the Mahraja of Patiala who opened central gurudwara in London, Sheperdbush, which is riddled with commitie fighting and going to court any way.

the Mahraja of Patiala was well did bad things, like taking peoples property, women. he married lots of women, etc. then i think Baldev Singh anand aressted him he was above IG post. he wa

s warned by friends and family not to but he said my mother has only given birth to me once, etc.

his wife (the cop who aressted him) side of family was realted to Monica, the one who married in to gandhi family. monicas mom side was friends with gandhi side before so didnt mind her marrying there, where as her father and family didnt like it. Monicas family where killed of, they where all in high posts of police, scientists, etc. all uncls, etc all murdered by _______

from what i learnt Maharaj of Patiala was caught by Baldev Singh who was a cop highup in the ranks!

Maharaja Bhupinder Singh died in 1938. He would have had immunity form prosecution so I do not think he is the charachter you are referring to in this Monica story.

Could be one of his successors but I doubt it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

is that a kalgi on his dastaar?????!!

ohmy.gif

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

The Akali Nihang Singhs are the traditional Sikh warriors. Though they trace their historical origins to the 17th century, they also acknowledge (quoting from Chandi Dee Vaar - a composition from Dasam Guru Durbar of Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh) that the Nihangs existed in Sat Yuga (the first division of time according to classical Indian thinking), as the warriors of the goddess Chandi (Durga). Such is the case, I believe as there are many pictures depicting Nihang and Akali Nihang Singhs with

an 'Aad chand' (half moon cresent signifying Shiv-Swaroop (ie, the very form of Shiva). Please correct me if I am wrong.

From the descriptions given of the old Singhs, it is clear I think, that the original Khalsa was the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa. All of the greatest military leaders of the Sikhs up to the Misl period (e.g. Baba Bidhi Chand, Baba Piraga, Baba Mathura, Baba Jaita, Baba Binodh Singh, Baba Deep Singh,

Baba Natha Singh, Baba Bagelh Singh, etc.) were titled and recognised as Akalis or Akali Nihangs, the soldiers of the Akal Takht. So too were the Sikh warrior Gurus, Akali Guru Hargobind and Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh. If present day Sikhs observe modern day paintings of the warrior Gurus and their warriors (e.g. Baba Deep Singh) which are based on early images, they will notice a farla dangling from the top of their turbans, the symbol of an Akali.

Is this true? Was the first Khalsa the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!