I Really Need Help!

Guest Guest

I made a promise to God, and I told Him that I couldn't keep and I broke it. I know I told Him I could not keep the promise, I am feeling very sorry and guilty. This is not the first time, but I have done this many times before. I promised God I will NEVER do it again, and I asked for strength to fight through it. Will God forgive me, will he make me pay and punish me? Will this lead to sorrows and disappointments in my life ie, don't get into college?

Here is scenrio to imagine for yourself.

Imagine you are a parent to a boy. he does something bad. Lets say he messes up your computer.

He says sorry to you and then again few days after messes up again. You tell him I told you not

to touch it and you did it again.And then you spent time fixing your computer. and he did it

again and again.Now, I know being a human you don't have a patience. But believe it or not, GOD has unimaginable patience.

Coming back to imaginary situation, you are being exhausted of fixing the computer and probably

will just put it out of your kid's reach now. But kid will find something else now (as kids who

are trouble makers, its not only one thing they mess or not listen to, its the attitude that have

problem and they would mess up something else, as its their energy which needs focusing or need to channelize properly).

So now coming to your real life situation (be it messing up with other gender, doing drugs, or

anything else). God is not being hurt in this scenerio. But you are. God has lot of patience for you to get better. But if you don't improve, its you who are hurting yourself. Think it this way that if this imaginary kid of yours don't mess up your computer even if its infront of him, won't you just love your kid more now seeing that he cares about you, listens to you what you say, respects for your time and respects for the hard work you do to buy new computer or get it fixed.

Thats how GOD is. GOD would just love you more, and will give you opportunities to grow in a

constructive way, if you just learn how to use what he has already given you.

No, God won't hate you. God won't keep grudges against you, but yes, your karma are the seeds you are sowing and they would bring the fruit based on what you sow today. Time never comes back, what you have done you

have done and created a karma (good or bad). Based on that you will have your future.

So then why not make a conscious choice and sow the seeds accordingly.

I am writing above very generalized, as you have not put the exact situation, neither do you have to.

So please apply accordingly.

Guest naam cure

I made a promise to God, and I told Him that I couldn't keep and I broke it. I know I told Him I could not keep the promise, I am feeling very sorry and guilty. This is not the first time, but I have done this many times before. I promised God I will NEVER do it again, and I asked for strength to fight through it. Will God forgive me, will he make me pay and punish me? Will this lead to sorrows and disappointments in my life ie, don't get into college?

Confess and god will forgive you straight away, believe me it works, as long as you fully accept your misdeeds he'll forgive you with open arms- thats what unconditional love is about and his love for you is infinite.

Also jaap naam for long periods, naam is the cure for everything and wipes away millions of sins so if you're worries you'll have bad luck, jaap his True naam (gurbani says Truth is his name (Satnam) which makes sense as we live in illusion and he is beyond illusion i.e Truth.) (jaap it with belief and love, thats the key). Read gurbani and about the benefits of naam in Gurbani.

ਝਾਲਾਘੇ ਉਠਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਸਿ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਆਰਾਧਿ ॥

Rise early in the morning, and chant the Naam; worship and adore the Lord, night and day.

ਕਾਰ੍ਹਾ ਤੁਝੈ ਨ ਬਿਆਪਈ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਟੈ ਉਪਾਧਿ ॥੧॥

Anxiety shall not afflict you, O Nanak, and your misfortune shall vanish. ||1||