Beauty Parlour

Guest gupt

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

Sadha sangat ji my fiance said me to go beauty parlour for atleast cleansing so that all the dust from the face will be cleaned and my face will look fair. He says i have a black spots in my chin and nose.

We both are amritdhari and i fear to go beauty parlour because being a gursikh i fear to go a place where people do beadbi of hairs.

But being practical i don't have other option to do cleansing.

He says me to become fair as my face color is not too fair.

He even says me to increase my nails but as i m simple girl i don't do that.

Plz advice shall i go to beauty parlour??????????

He says me to become fair as my face color is not too fair.

What the....

I hate that type of backward thinking.

It's like an inferiority complex to whites.

I'm a male so I have no idea, but there are many natural soaps you can use to remove dirt.

I wouldn't go to a beauty parlor because they wouldn't respect your hair and could use harsh chemicals that isn't really good for your hair/skin. Meet up with an Singhni and talk with her or your mom about it.

Also, congratulations.

Guest Love your skin tone

You cannot change your skin colour. If you wash everyday like a sikh should your face should not be dirty. I am not sure what your fiance is noticing. is it dirt or is it tiny hairs in chin and nose. (These are normal on some people)

If yopu want to clean your face then buy a cleanser

found at http://www.amazon.com/NEUTROGENA-ILLUMINATING-MICRODERM-CLEANSING-PADS/dp/B0012DN9RK or

found at http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Daily-Cleansing-Cushions-Combination/dp/B000F3CHZS/ref=pd_sim_bt_1

I personal buy the glow one from neutrogena (people who use makeup use these cleansers everyday as it cleans the makeup from the pores and non make up people like me use it randomly every few days as it gets rid of dirt from the air pollution.

I think you’re husband has told you to go to the beauty parlour as he feels that it is the only place people go to get treatments done but you can do it all at home. You can get beauticians to come to your house (at a slightly higher price) to do your facial for you at home. Alternatively, learn to do a mini facial at home. You cannot make your skin colour change BUT if you are someone who does not exfoliate at all.. exfoliation may take of any dead skin on your face so your true color does show.

All you need to make sure you do is follow these steps … Cleanse, Exfoliate, apply face mask, Tone skin and then moisturise it.

Here are some videos which may help you out.

Cleanse: Basicly just washing your face with a facewash suited to your skin

Exfoliate:

Face Mask :

Tone :

Facemask : if you don’t want to buy a facemask from the shops… Try these home made ones

-Besan and water mixed into a paste, applied to face and washed off when dry

-Multanni Mitti (Fullers earth powder) and Rose Water mixed together until you get a nice paste… apply to face and wash off wen dry

-plain yogurt & banana ….Apply for 30 minutes and wash off

-Honey & water…mix with ratio 2:1 and apply to face for 15 minutes and wash off

ONLY DO A FACIAL ONCE A WEEK AS EXFOLIATING YOUR SKIN CAN DAMAGE IT IF YOU USE IT TOO OFTEN and you end up stripping your skin of its natural oils.

As for those black dots on your nose and chin, they must be blackheads. If you can find someone who can show you how to remove them, please do. If not... exfoliating properly on and around your nose and chin will help get rid of them.

Contact me if you like :)

A lot of toners contain alcohol which not only will you most probably not use, but if you did, they are a little harsh on our skin as they strip a lot of our oils.

these are some decent alcohol free toners.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Elizabeth+Arden+200ml+hydra+splash+alcohol-free+toner/807007920,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Beauty-_-Skincare-_-Elizabeth_Arden_200ml_hydra_splash_alcohol_free_toner

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alcohol-Free-Toner-Neutrogena-Unisex/dp/B000U5O650

Distilled Liquid Witch Hazel works good as a toner and works our cheapest

Guest nikki

I'm with "believer"

Why do we have to change what we look like for anyone.

Applying all kinds of stuff all over our faces , to look better.

If any guy said that to me, i wouldn't do crap, you accept me for who i am:black heads,facial hair ,etc or go and find someone else.

Sikhi isn't meant to be about stuff like this, there's more important things in life.

Atleast True Sikhi is not.