A Question About Kesh

bornsikhi

SSA sangat ji,

I have always followed rehat from my birth and I have also read our history; how our beloved gurujis were firm about keeping kesh. But I am not sure for what reason do we have hair as one of the K's? I am not against keeping them for the rest of my life, but can anyone explain me and give some more insight. I am a new bud, I have less knowledge about Sikhi but I really want to learn and abide.

The point is that sometimes I dont get answers from any of my friends but these are the questions that comes to my mind often. I can understand and logically prove the other K's being a part of any soldiers life but this baffles me.

Bhul chuk maaf.

It is not just for Sikhs - a normal human is born with Kesh - That is the image/Swarrop which Akal Purakh has given to a human being. And it is not just to be kept by Sikhs - the maryada of old age Rishis/Sadhus/previous generation people used to keep Kesh; Sikhism making it mandatory did an excellent job for not violating the Akal Purakh Code of Conduct. In that case, I will classify all rest as Keshless Sikhs.

For a man, distinguishing him from woman when grows up ...

Any other questions OR arguments? There have been people around on this and other such forums, and also elsewhere with such sort of Tark-Vitark analysis with a clear instruction from RSS to finish Sikhism by first attacking the Kesh concept, I wish this question as your first post on this forum was not on these lines :) ...

I can understand and logically prove the other K's being a part of any soldiers life but this baffles me.

Well, except Kirpan, all other kakkars are not a part of a normal (non-Sikh) soldier's life.

How can you logically prove Kanga (COMB) without Kesh; I haven't seen any non-Sikh carrying a Kanga on his head. How can one logically prove Kanga for a soldier?

Kachera is also not a must dress-code for a Soldier, but a special significance for Khalsa.

Kada is also not required for a soldier.

I don't understand how can somebody prove all other K's as a part of any Soldier's life?

Morever, Sikh has a spiritual identity first and the first 4 Kakkar's provide the spirtual context; and then the Kirpan provides the Warrior context - but I am still unable to understand the statement "I can understand and logically prove the other K's being a part of any soldiers life".

(1). How can you prove other 4 Kakkar's (expect Kesh) being a part of USA/UK/Canadian/German etc. etc. i.e. ANY soldier's life; as you say "I can understand and logically prove other K's being a part of any soldiers life".

(2). You seem to have mis-understood the whole concept by thinking of a Sikh as a normal soldier.

A Sikh is not a normal soldier - A normal soldier might get involved in booty/post-war mischeivious acts, like soldiers of Indian Army who do mass human-rights abuse in Kashmir, Indian Police (soldiers) killing innocent Sikhs in Nov' 1984, Indian Army soldiers shooting innocents in a religious place. So, basically these are not soldiers, these are state-sponsored terrorists in the outfit of state provided dress code. A Sikh when he becomes a soldier is guided by the teachings of Guru and Kakkar's never allow him to do any of the mis-deeds as done by state-sponsored terrorists :).

Kakkar's are for a Sikh to guide him at every instance and walk of his life to always keep remembrance of Guru's taught path, even when not in soldier's mode, and when a Sikh enters a soldier's mode; not to do deeds as done by state-sponsored-terrorists in the outfit of soldiers.

All i want to ask is why did guruji state sikhs need to keep kesh.

If its because we are born with kesh and should not cut what about nails. We cut nails . Both nails we cut are dead and so are kesh above the skin. Why can we cut one dead thing i.e nail and not another kesh? Also if its because we are born like that in gods form why do we wear man made clothes? If we are in gods form we should be naked or not?

THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER REASON WHY SIKHI TELLS US TO KEEP KESH, WHAT IS IT?

All i want to ask is why did guruji state sikhs need to keep kesh.

If its because we are born with kesh and should not cut what about nails. We cut nails . Both nails we cut are dead and so are kesh above the skin. Why can we cut one dead thing i.e nail and not another kesh? Also if its because we are born like that in gods form why do we wear man made clothes? If we are in gods form we should be naked or not?

THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER REASON WHY SIKHI TELLS US TO KEEP KESH, WHAT IS IT?

Nails and hair are different. We keep kesh because we were told too. Having long nails is impractical and unhygienic.

Why don't we walk around naked?

It's illegal

We will eventually, at some stage, freeze to death

But if you still feel the urge to strip and walk around naked, go ahead by all means...

Nails and hair are different. We keep kesh because we were told too. Having long nails is impractical and unhygienic.

It's illegal

But if you still feel the urge to strip and walk around naked, go ahead by all means...

Were told to do alot of things all i asked was why. There the only two reasons ive been told.

I have no compulsion to walk around naked. Just read what ive written without thinking what you may have thought what i wrote.

It's illegal

Just like the hygenic argument muslims use about sunnat?

should we also?

Also were born naked, animals dont wear cloths. Btw its not illegal in all cpuntries. South american and african tribes, some wear no cloths. So god got it wrong, animals can survive with no clothes but humans will freeze. All im asking for is intellectual or factual info.

Just like the hygenic argument muslims use about sunnat?

should we also?

Also were born naked, animals dont wear cloths. Btw its not illegal in all cpuntries. South american and african tribes, some wear no cloths. So god got it wrong, animals can survive with no clothes but humans will freeze. All im asking for is intellectual or factual info.

if you don't cut your nails then this happens...

http://www.worldslongestfingernails.com/wp-images/shridhar_chillal_lrg.jpg

how are you meant to eat, read, work like that?

yes we are born naked. but if we remain naked we will freeze- we unlike some animals do not have fur.

and it is most probably illegal in your country!

why do u think we were given kashereh as a kakar?

anyway im bored of arguing about being naked so im not commenting in this thread again.

aurevoir monsieur