Old Baba From Coventry

Guest daas

Yup I've heard about this rating that goes on. And guess where I have heard it comes from? Birmingham. Absolutely disgusting

Birmingham? what a heavenly beautiful blessed city that is.

The level of gurmukh-ness in that place is unrivaled.

You kind sir, have obviously been infected with a strand of jealousy.

Not to worry, a strong dose of anti-denial will cure you in no time at all.

Guest hello

im so jelly!

our community is sucha failture when it comes to helping the needy especially people from our own community. you should talk to him and try to help out when you see him. talk to gurudwara committe or other singhnis and singhnis that you think could help.

there is a group on facebook for homeless sikhs in southhall i think.. i am not from england so i dont know... but you should definitely do something about it..

best thing would be to talk to him or take someone older and more wise to talk to that baba.. :)

our community is sucha failture when it comes to helping the needy especially people from our own community. you should talk to him and try to help out when you see him. talk to gurudwara committe or other singhnis and singhnis that you think could help.

there is a group on facebook for homeless sikhs in southhall i think.. i am not from england so i dont know... but you should definitely do something about it..

best thing would be to talk to him or take someone older and more wise to talk to that baba.. :)

I have contacted khalsa aid and they are offering to help aslong as the old baba is willing to recieve help, he may not want any help and may want to be left alone, when I see him next around I shall speak to him.

Guest nobody

what a fool, he has all his bloody things in a small bag! and sits on a bench all day! and he has been wearing the same clothes every single day! you tell me he isnt homeless, and why hasnt anyone done anything about it? cocky sap.

*reads message, looks at username, facepalms*

yes yes yes birmingham is wonderful and lovely. full of rainbows and sunshine.

I have contacted khalsa aid and they are offering to help aslong as the old baba is willing to recieve help, he may not want any help and may want to be left alone, when I see him next around I shall speak to him.

i commend you for actually doing something. please let us know how the situation pans out..i hope everything works out for the elderly baba!

What shocks me is how many of members on here talk about doing something for the panth doing something for sikhi, and there are what over 100 members on here from coventry and the midlands area who range from 16-40 even and not even one of you cam forward to help me? or do anything for this old baba, Im sure im not the only one who has seen him around town, quite shocking. The Baba may be on the streets for whatever reason could be family problems or mental but still no one offered to help him.

I do hope when I see him next he wouldnot mind me approaching him and speaking to him about his situation and then if he allows me to help him khalsa aid will come forward and help him.

Lets see how this plans out.

Guest Just_Someone

What shocks me is how many of members on here talk about doing something for the panth doing something for sikhi, and there are what over 100 members on here from coventry and the midlands area who range from 16-40 even and not even one of you cam forward to help me? or do anything for this old baba, Im sure im not the only one who has seen him around town, quite shocking. The Baba may be on the streets for whatever reason could be family problems or mental but still no one offered to help him.

I do hope when I see him next he wouldnot mind me approaching him and speaking to him about his situation and then if he allows me to help him khalsa aid will come forward and help him.

Lets see how this plans out.

Gurfateh je,

Dont assume that everyone on here is an active member, I rarely use this site. I know exactly who you are talking about and I dont think he will take offence if you speak to him and offer help. I noticed him a long time ago and felt bad for him. I started speaking to him, just saying hello and asking how he was, but then he started looking at me and another girl I was sat with in an inappropriate manner. When I spoke to him, it was with respect, so I was offended when he acted the way he did. After that incident I never acknowledged him again. There's some people that you just cant help because of the way they behave. If you can help him then great, I couldnt.

I am not from coventry, nor do I know any elders from there...I occasionaly go there for work and I have spotted this singh every time I am here, wheter its early mornings or late nights at 11pm him walking around....there is a lot of sangat from coventry on here hence me posting here.

talk to him and arks him....

Guest COV SIKH

I am actually from Coventry and can confirm that this baba has been approached by all the major gurdwaras and various sevadaars from the youth over the years and he does not want any help. The gurdwaras have contacted his family and he does not accept help from them either. The reason he wanders the streets and refuses help is because of personal,family problems that he has been through. He has been receiving medical care with regards to his mental state. This baba is a regular at all the main gurdwaras and is well known to the sangat of Coventry. We can only help him if he is willing to accept our help.As for these so called 'Sikhs' on here who are commenting negatively about the Coventry sangat and laughing at him perhaps you should being doing ardas so that his depression and mental state improves. This could happen to any one of us in our lives so dont be an internet warrior and think you are clever.