Failure

Guest failure

I see, hmm have you considered any Sikh organisations such as United Sikhs? They fight legal cases but I'm not sure if they have any jobs. This is their site: http://www.unitedsikhs.org/jobs/

Infact the original poster may also want to consider trying to find a job working with a Sikh organisation. There are many such as united sikhs, sikh coalition, etc. im sure they have a variety of different needs for whatver a person's skills are.

Also, to all people, work experience is key in getting a good position. Volunteering is a great way to get work experience, and sometimes a place where you volunteer at may even employ you. Nothings guaranteed but its all worth a shot.

Thank you for your reply, I have two years of experience as a paralegal and i am very good at what i do. However, firms dont want someone like me because they would have to pay me a salary! they are mostly out to exploit people and dont like paying money. They onli pay you if you bring THEM clients! they onli give you a training contract if you can make THREE TIMES your wage for them in profit i.e. bring them clients! so its very difficult out there at the moment. So im looking into other fields im even considering becoming a primary school teacher....however im still thinking on that.....To the other posters I DO want to take amrit and i probably will this April. To HSD1, mostly families dont even look at a potential groom unless he has a job and he is earning money. If you are unemployed through no fault of your own no one thinks twice about you and thats the sad and brutal reality.

But seriously guys, it is a recession and all that. There are loads of people getting laid off and out of work. Ride it out. I'm in the same boat and I've been to uni a few times.

What I have done over the last few depressingly cold months is taken the time to develop my Panjabi skills and read up on stuff I would have never been able to, if I was at work. Now the weather is brightening up, things don't seem so grim. Like I said, a part of life is about riding rough times. Sometimes you just have to be thankful to have food in your belly and a roof on your head. Some people (like in Japan) are struggling with even that.

Sikhs are foolish sometimes, so career and status obsessed. Yeah, I said it.

Guest One kaur

i am also in the similar situation as the original poster. I have been out of school for a year now and havent gotten any job yet. I applied at several places and heard nothing back. It is quite disappointing for me as well. its hard for girls but worse for guys as they are expected to have a job and be able to provide for the family. so i understand you guys' situations!!

keep doing paath, talk to guruji and hopefully He will do something!

We know that our ultimate goal is to be one with guru ji. we should work towards it regardless. Worrying about job sometimes makes me feel down and pessimistic about my future. it shouldnt let affect our paath and concentration at all, unfortunately it does :(

only guru ji can give us the capability to do well in school, at work and give us jobs. Lets ask Him for it as He is the only samrath guru :)

Keep your hopes up and keep trying!

i just want any job now so that i can pay back law school loans....you are right people with years of experience are finding it difficult to find jobs at the moment.

Do a free work placement for 3/6 months if you can. At least you'll get experience.

Im dependant on job seekers allowance at the moment and that just goes on paying my law school loan off. i did 3/6 months the bank wud take me to court to recover the money.....im in a real bind.

No, I mean do it as in voluntary (for free). You're allowed to do 15 odd hours a week (I think, check it out) even if you're signing on. Just get the firm to cover your travel and lunch.

It will give you a bit of experience and pad out your CV.

I know a another recently graduated trainee surveyor who is also trying to do the same.

But even if you don't want to work for free (understandable), use your time by getting deeper into your faith and stretching your mind with stuff.

PJS bhai ji has put so many excellent steeks on scribd, you can take your pick. Go and order those books you always wanted to read but never had time to from the library too. DO your hobby, draw or whatever.

Guest Singhni

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ko Fateh

Waheguru waheguru waheguru I dont knw what to say I'm just thinkin how everyone have so much problem that my propz seem so small n I might not be Right person to give advice but still want to say.. Maybe this is guru jis hukam just do ardaas to maharaj ji to show me where my next path is n keep trying Because only waheguru can help us hunna n try looking for a tempoaray work so u can be earnin not waiting until you get ur dream job, sometimes u Hav to start from a low position to get to the high n don't worry much we Hav so much in life waheguru we don't Hav to worry what we will eat nx n we Hav bed to sleep just do ardaass guruji will definately help like he always did :)

Bhul chuk maff

Wjkk wjkf