Get Youth Into Sikhi?

You are into Sikhi. Your family might not be. 'Choose' one individual from your family. Befriend him even more if you are not a that good friend to him. Become close and take general discussions towards Punjabiat. Slowly towards Sikhi. Don't give an overdosis, just right amount at the right times. For ex, ask him, 'yaar did you see what happened last month in Punjab? A fellow Sikh brothers turban was taken off by police. This reminds me of 1984'. By this, give him or her a link to a video about 1984 Massacre (from a film or anything on youtube). From there on you can at times start telling more about Sikhi and practical use in this world in this age. Tell them problems in the Qaum, UK conversion, Punjab, Shaheeds, etc.

If not family, you could choose one friend whom you could get more into Sikhi.

This way, if lets say, 50 of us commit to doing this, there won't be 50 Sants, but atleast 50 people more into Sikhi or atleast more aware of their background and less prone to conversions.

I know we can't turn every single Sikh into a Amritdhari, but we could make them more aware of Sikhi. So don't force a mona to become kesdhari/amritdhari, give him space. Give him as much gyaan as possible.

Maybe some guidelines as to what the person should come to know.

* basics of Sikhi (naam, daan, ishnaan, equality, ...)

* meaning of some Shabads

* some basic inspirational sakhis (Guru Nanak Sahibs, Bhai Kanhaiya, ...)

* present day situation of Sikhs and problems faced

Try to keep them away from controversial issues though, because these issues have pushed some people from the path of Sikhi in the past.

((This is how I work... Not speaking out of haumai, but it tends to work. ))

Guest RavindaSingh

You are into Sikhi. Your family might not be. 'Choose' one individual from your family. Befriend him even more if you are not a that good friend to him. Become close and take general discussions towards Punjabiat. Slowly towards Sikhi. Don't give an overdosis, just right amount at the right times. For ex, ask him, 'yaar did you see what happened last month in Punjab? A fellow Sikh brothers turban was taken off by police. This reminds me of 1984'. By this, give him or her a link to a video about 1984 Massacre (from a film or anything on youtube). From there on you can at times start telling more about Sikhi and practical use in this world in this age. Tell them problems in the Qaum, UK conversion, Punjab, Shaheeds, etc.

If not family, you could choose one friend whom you could get more into Sikhi.

This way, if lets say, 50 of us commit to doing this, there won't be 50 Sants, but atleast 50 people more into Sikhi or atleast more aware of their background and less prone to conversions.

I know we can't turn every single Sikh into a Amritdhari, but we could make them more aware of Sikhi. So don't force a mona to become kesdhari/amritdhari, give him space. Give him as much gyaan as possible.

Maybe some guidelines as to what the person should come to know.

* basics of Sikhi (naam, daan, ishnaan, equality, ...)

* meaning of some Shabads

* some basic inspirational sakhis (Guru Nanak Sahibs, Bhai Kanhaiya, ...)

* present day situation of Sikhs and problems faced

Try to keep them away from controversial issues though, because these issues have pushed some people from the path of Sikhi in the past.

((This is how I work... Not speaking out of haumai, but it tends to work. ))

Its a good way and the youth is imperative to the future of sikhi im trying to get amritdharis to help me because its the same in bedford look at my thread :)