Love Marriage

Avtar95

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hi i was just asking that in sikhi are we allowed to have a love marriage because my friends wants to and i do not know what to say. I know people say it's bad becuase it lust. but there is a difference between love and lust. And those two people i know are religous and they have said to me in the future that they want to become amrit dhari. What should i say?

Please reply back soon

not much you can say, other then good luck? lol, if its ok with their parents then i guess theres no problem. but these things are more of personal choices rather then public views. i mean if somebody is going to do something like this, they rarely give too much attention to public opinion.

"je miaan bibi raji, ki karega kaji?"

not much you can say, other then good luck? lol, if its ok with their parents then i guess theres no problem. but these things are more of personal choices rather then public views. i mean if somebody is going to do something like this, they rarely give too much attention to public opinion.

"je miaan bibi raji, ki karega kaji?"

good point but if we get deeper into this issue is that are we allowed girlfriends or boyfriends. Does love lead to lust vice versa. Personally i think if they have good intentions then it's ok. Religous wise

everybody knows the answer to this question about boyfriend and girlfriend.... but do we still engage in it?? yes. its not a matter of knowing what is right and what is wrong. its a matter of actually walking down that road rather then talking about it. people know whats right and whats not, but they still choose to do whatever they want. but eventually it will catch up to us in the end, it always does.

its kaljug, and only getting worse as time passes. so everything started with good intentions between relationships, most likely, not 100%, but majority of the time ends up with complications involving lust. most people will agree.

everybody knows the answer to this question about boyfriend and girlfriend.... but do we still engage in it?? yes. its not a matter of knowing what is right and what is wrong. its a matter of actually walking down that road rather then talking about it. people know whats right and whats not, but they still choose to do whatever they want. but eventually it will catch up to us in the end, it always does.

its kaljug, and only getting worse as time passes. so everything started with good intentions between relationships, most likely, not 100%, but majority of the time ends up with complications involving lust. most people will agree.

bhaji i agree with you 100%, from what i can see is that there is no such thing as a arranged marriage coz when my parents were married it was like your getting married tommorow and that was the end of it but now i see people chhose the partener do gak baat and a year passes and then get married. I think we are all losing a bit of our culture as time goes on do you agree,

you are totally right yar, as each day passes, majority of us are losing faith, get farther and farther away from rehat maryada, getting more and more doubts in our mind about sikhi, doubts about guru sahib, doubts about our history. the ball is rolling on a downhill slope, only matter of time before it hits rock bottom....

(p.s., bhaji, there is no need to quote a post if you are going to post directly under it. when you are the very next post, its like an on going convo, so no need to directly quote each post. quoting helps if theres multiple replies inbetween the post you want to reply to)

i think that people are more imvolved in the western culture and watch programmes such as Eastenders(UK) which promote the idea of cohabtion ( when a male and a female live together without marriage) as you people are doubting the Guru's and some doubting GOD. In the UK we have this gangster culture going on and people are getting away from sikhi. If we go back 50 years or even 30 years ago we see that there was less coruption. And people were more attached to their faith and there culture. But now i see amritari's having girlfriends. It's disgraceful. Do you agree?

i think that people are more imvolved in the western culture and watch programmes such as Eastenders(UK) which promote the idea of cohabtion ( when a male and a female live together without marriage) as you people are doubting the Guru's and some doubting GOD. In the UK we have this gangster culture going on and people are getting away from sikhi. If we go back 50 years or even 30 years ago we see that there was less coruption. And people were more attached to their faith and there culture. But now i see amritari's having girlfriends. It's disgraceful. Do you agree?

How do you account for our 'Sikh' brothers and sisters back in Panjab who indulge in these kind of relationships? How much Eastenders do they watch? :wink2:

I'd say that - if anything - these issues are a lot more sinister back home because they are done in secret. Not to say that because people are a bit more upfront about these shenanigans in the west, that somehow makes it right. I'm not saying that at all. But you must know that there's a lot of clandestine affairs and relationships occuring between our Sikh bretheren back in Panjab.

For example, a lot of these Indian students who come over to the UK or Australia for study reasons, end up finding their own partners for marriage - usually on the same course. These people have been brought up in India amongst Sikhs and the associated culture yet they - as bold as brass - tell their parents not to find a boy/girl for them because they've already found someone whilst studying. There's countless examples not just limited to students but people who reside in Panjab / India on a permanent basis. I'm sure we've heard the horror stories.

So, it's not a case of it's worse over here because we're somehow drowning in western culture. It's nothing to do with east or west. It's simply the hedonistic, morality-free times we live in. Kaljug, if you will. :smile2:

How do you account for our 'Sikh' brothers and sisters back in Panjab who indulge in these kind of relationships? How much Eastenders do they watch? :wink2:

I'd say that - if anything - these issues are a lot more sinister back home because they are done in secret. Not to say that because people are a bit more upfront about these shenanigans in the west, that somehow makes it right. I'm not saying that at all. But you must know that there's a lot of clandestine affairs and relationships occuring between our Sikh bretheren back in Panjab.

For example, a lot of these Indian students who come over to the UK or Australia for study reasons, end up finding their own partners for marriage - usually on the same course. These people have been brought up in India amongst Sikhs and the associated culture yet they - as bold as brass - tell their parents not to find a boy/girl for them because they've already found someone whilst studying. There's countless examples not just limited to students but people who reside in Panjab / India on a permanent basis. I'm sure we've heard the horror stories.

So, it's not a case of it's worse over here because we're somehow drowning in western culture. It's nothing to do with east or west. It's simply the hedonistic, morality-free times we live in. Kaljug, if you will. :smile2:

good point Bhaji. It;s kaljug and it's getting even worse as time goes on.

A manority of the relationships in India are base don lust 99% of them in fact and these are the same people who are marrying unfortunate victims in this country who seriously dont have a clue to the inner workings of our indian brothers and sisters these people are a totally different breed of Sikh after being indoctrinated by the India media for 20 years plus

You will struggle to find a genuine marriage partner from Punjab believe me they sit there and watch tv dreaming of a bollywood lifestyle in the UK and the marriage partners they find in the UK are just tools of their trade.