Vajab Ul Arz

Gurfateh Veerji,

The text does appear under Bhai Mani Singh Ji's composition but its not written by Bhai Mani Singh Ji himself, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji certainly never gave such Hukams to 'Sehajdharis'. Bhai Kahn Singh Ji Nabha confirm this also, see this text's entry in Mahan Kosh.

Read the very first line: It says Sehajdharis can read Anand, and after getting Ardas done get Brahmins to perform rest of the marriage rites as per vedic rituals without any hesitation. :s

personally dont think there is any point in translating/discussing such dubious piece of text jeo..

Gurfateh Veerji,

The text does appear under Bhai Mani Singh Ji's composition but its not written by Bhai Mani Singh Ji himself, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji certainly never gave such Hukams to 'Sehajdharis'. Bhai Kahn Singh Ji Nabha confirm this also, see this text's entry in Mahan Kosh.

Read the very first line: It says Sehajdharis can read Anand, and after getting Ardas done get Brahmins to perform rest of the marriage rites as per vedic rituals without any hesitation. :s

personally dont think there is any point in translating/discussing such dubious piece of text jeo..

Thanks for clarification veerji, do you know how this text got inserted to being Bhai Mani Singh Ji's writing by bahmans or did Bhai Khan Singh Nabha elaborate on it?

Thanks for clarification veerji, do you know how this text got inserted to being Bhai Mani Singh Ji's writing by bahmans or did Bhai Khan Singh Nabha elaborate on it?

Gurfateh Veerji,

Bhai Sahib havent elaborated much, just that the text is not by Bhai Mani Singh and these are not Guru Sahibs Hukams. He says he has presented the above text in Mahan Kosh just for reference purposes really. I am not a historian, but even a fool like me can see such Hukams cannot be that of Guru Sahib.. "If you are Sehajdhari Sikh, its good if you can keep your kes like Keshdharis, but if not its is ok to get them trimmed/leveled..." o_0

:rolleyes2:

PS: think Bhai Bijla Singh or Bhai Kamalpreet Singh should be able to provide their views on this topic from a more academic viewpoint :)

Gurfateh Veerji,

Bhai Sahib havent elaborated much, just that the text is not by Bhai Mani Singh and these are not Guru Sahibs Hukams. He says he has presented the above text in Mahan Kosh just for reference purposes really. I am not a historian, but even a fool like me can see such Hukams cannot be that of Guru Sahib.. "If you are Sehajdhari Sikh, its good if you can keep your kes like Keshdharis, but if not its is ok to get them trimmed/leveled..." o_0

:rolleyes2:

Thanks

Yes Prabhjot veerji, I know neither Sikhan Di Bhagat Mala (Bhagat Ratnavli) nor Gyan Ratnavli are by Bhai Mani Singh. Yet we can't deny that they were written between 1720s and 1760s, so '''might''' contain any useful info.

One small benti, do not mind Prabhjot veerji. You have higher avastha than me, I am just a moorakh, but do not blindly believe everything in Mahan Kosh either. Bhai Kahan Singh did an amazing seva but he did say that Sri Sarbloh Granth was not the rachnaa of Dasam Pita.

Please scan the translation Sikha veer.