Doing Absolutely Horrible In College :/

Guest I'm Stupid

Guest I'm Stupid

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In High School, I was at the very top of my graduating class and ranked within the top 8 students. I always had 95+ grades in literally everything I took and I'd be the one people looked at and went "How does this kid do it?". I myself had no idea how I did it. I just studied hard and took the tests and the results showed up. I didn't read much Bani either. But it's now nearing the end of my second college year and I have messed up everything. It's the complete opposite of High School and I can't seem to do well on any of my exams. The material will be in my head but on exam days, I have no idea what happens on that test and I end up with grades ranging from F to a C-. My gpa is crumbling fast and is near a point of no return. I tell myself I messed up my career completely. Each semester I tell myself that it's ok and I'll ace everything else remaining. But it never happens. I was doing average in my first year but in fall 2010, everything took a turn and went for the absolute worst and this semester is even worse than that. I try to do Japji Sahibs and Chaupai Sahibs because those are the only Banis I can really recite. The others take too long if I try learning them all together but I'm picking up the Banis slowly one by one. I understand that whatever is done is done in Waheguru's Hukam but I can't help but feel incredibly depressed at how I'm failing my midterms and final exams. None of my friends are in a position as bad as mine and I feel terrible. I stand no chance of getting an internship and no chance of landing a job with my pathetic GPA. Everyone has so many expectations of me as I performed so well in high school but now it's all going downhill and I feel like there's no point in continuing. Thanks. Fateh Ji.

1. Its a process, your GPA changes and is not static. You lowered it you can change it, so stop with all this negative self talk. It gets you absolutely nowhere.

2. You sound depressed, consider talking to someone. Maybe ADD? It can be a legit diagnosis, so be open to it.

3. Schedule your time, not by allocating time, but by objectives. If you don't write down objectives, you have no way to know if you have achieved them. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

4. Get enough sleep, this is VITAL.

5. Eat healthy

6. Get exercise

Just a phase bro, I have been there. Just take a deep breath, stop with the " I am gonna fail, blah blah blah" talk and actually identify the problem. Go talk to your professor. Go talk to a shrink, and then move on.

-W

A lot of us were 'smart' in high school and got grades. The thing is, when you get to University, you realize that everyone is 'smart'. It makes sense really because at that level only the 'smart' people get through. So while you were 'smart' in high school, does not mean you will be 'smart' in uni as well. As put 'smart' in quotes as smartness is measured in a relative fashion.

So, have you tried forming/joining a study group for help?

I've never understood why people simply click that + or - rating thingie. If you don't agree with me, at least have the maturity and decency to voice your opinion rather than just hitting the rating button. :rolleyes2:

Now go ahead and give this post a negative rating too :rolleyes2: