Why Do Freshies Stare?

Kalsingh

A Sikh friend of mine said to me that she loved to do seva at the local gurdwara however at the langar hall the bibi's warned her about the male freshies that were doing seva at the langar hall too. Basically they were there doing seva at the langar hall to chat up the local Sikh girls and get into relationships with them. I guess that's one way of becoming 'pukkha'...

@ mundasingh123 - Write a screenplay about that ^^^^. A whimsical tale of an outsider befriended by people of other races but shunned by his own supposed brethren! :laugh:

I guess it turned out to be too descriptive . This is what good movies are made of , rnt they ? why did u call it whimsical ? i wasnt being choosy :toohappy:

I guess it turned out to be too descriptive . This is what good movies are made of , rnt they ? why did u call it whimsical ? i wasnt being choosy :toohappy:

Whimsical because you don't want to make it too po-faced. A kind of coming-of-age tale interspersed with black humour and moments of high drama. Like the plot to GTA4 (the one with Niko) but minus the murders, car crashes and other events of an unsavoury nature.

Whimsical because you don't want to make it too po-faced. A kind of coming-of-age tale interspersed with black humour and moments of high drama. Like the plot to GTA4 (the one with Niko) but minus the murders, car crashes and other events of an unsavoury nature.

Nice Plot i am giving u credit for this

whats po-faced

ya this reminded me of the day i was at the belgian airport about to catch the flight to Toronto . I was trying to collect some info regarding the routes from the Sardars in the queue and they were all trying to avoid me thinking i was some terrorist or some guy who is going to take some advantage , sticking to them lol . Coincidentally in those days i used to leave my Dara Open and my moustached twirled

While I agree that staring is bad, I myself find it very annoying, but I agree 100% with what S1ngh said. People simply don't know cultural norms in another country. For instance, right before my family moved to Canada, we were told to buy lots of Jeans and a couple of leather jackets for the cold. Those days, skin tight jeans were all the craze in India. So here I was in Canada, with no friends, wearing skin tight jeans (which were very uncomfortable btw) with a leather jacket. I looked like a hybrid cowboy+biker gang member! :rolleyes2:

Case in point, don't assume anything and go have a chat with them.