sgpc doing sewa

DhadiMania

we both emailed the SGPC (i on my friends email account, yes he knows). our responses....

first of the email we sent...

To: sgpc@vsnl.com

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:59 PM

Subject: FATEH, PLEASE DO CHARDIKALA SEWA AS ALWAYS JI!

SGPC,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki fateh

i must tell you now, because of alpha punjabi, i applaud the SGPC for getting their main message out of making the sangat in anand. alpha punjabi creates an atmoshphere that you are there at sri darbar sahib for 6 hours each day. as well as listening to raagis that make me in anand. Bhai Sahib, the SGPC is doing parchaar in an effective way and is brining many back to sikhi. keep it up ji.

however, while alpha punjabi broadcasts, i have seen people being pick pocketed. as the SGPC are "gallent defenders of the panth" i humbly request you do a chardikala act of sewa (which you have done alot) and combat thieves pickpocketing gursikhs who arrive at sri darbar sahib for darshan of maharaj. of course bhai sahib/bhen ji sikhi says its wrong to steal as you will be punished in the after life. however they ought to be punished for doing such paap

and the response...

Dear Arjun Singh Ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Thanks for your email,

It is sent to the secretary SGPC for information and necessary action.

Regards,

SGPC, Amritsar.

well, we tried, now we need you to email them same email! of course theres a chance they'll act like springfield police (the simpsons), but as the sangat here is out at large, if we unite with one voice, perhaps we can get

the SGPC to put cctv cameras.

it wont take long to email them, its sgpc@vsnl.com

so please spare some time and email them expressing your concerns over thieves at darbar sahib, maybe then they will do something. least you tried.

Yes I urge all the sangat to email a similar email to the SGPC about these thieves.

They could be stopped in a few days if the SGPC was urged to act. The SGPC task force no doubt knwo which people urn up everyday and walk out with bags etc they did not come in with. These anti social elements must be stopped from stealing from visitors to the Darbar sahib.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki fateh

I greatly enjoy watching the broadcasts from Harmandir Sahib on Alpha televsion. The SGPC is doing the Sikh quam a great service through these broadcasts and I look forward to watching them.

I do have one concern however and I hope that the SGPC being the only democratically elected Sikh body of substance (mini parliament of Sikhs) can help resolve this.

I have experienced and heard from many other people that pickpockets are operating in the Darbar Sahib complex. I know of a few people who have gone to the Darbar Sahib with a prayer on their lips to return with their valuables including cameras, gold chains and wallets stolen. It really makes me sad when I hear of such stories as the people seem to think that no one is bothered. I have explained to these people that they should contact the SGPC who are a great organisation and would be willing to sort such matters out.

Sikhi preaches against dishonsety and stealing and as the SGPC are one of the true bastions of the Sikh faith I have a plea that the SGPC does something to prevent these pickpockets operating in the Darbar Sahib complex. In many Gurdwara in Europe and America Close Circuit Tele Vision (CCTV) has been used to prevent theft and other such anti Sikhi behaviour occuring in Gurdwara.

Please can the SGPC install CCTV with trained operators to help combat the pick pockets in Darbar Sahib complex. Considering that the Sikh quam want the Darbar Sahib declared a World Heritage Site it can only be beneficial if we have the infrastructure in place to back this up and prevent pickpockets succeeding.

Bhol Chukke Muaff

S Singh