Local Producer Tackles Film Inspired By Sikh Militant Bhinderanwale

http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=6725

SURREY – Local film company BR Dhillon Productions has launched the film Sant Sipahi, which is inspired by Sikh militant and revolutionary Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and will use actual footage of the late Sikh leader whom many consider a martyr.

In March 1984, Punjab filmmaker Sukhwant Dhadda shot extensive footage of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale on 16 mm as an assignment for BBC, because of operation Blue Star that film could not be completed, but footage remained with him ever since.

Now that footage will become the integral part of the film Sant Sipahi.

The film is based on the teachings of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

When all efforts to resolve a problem peacefully or through dialogue fail, then it becomes the moral duty of a valiant person to pick up the sword and fight against injustice and oppression.

The shooting of the film has already begun on 18th April 2011 and will be ready for release by Nov 2011.

The film is Produced by Gurdeep Dhillon, Directed by Sukhwant Dhadda ,Music by Issac Thomas and presented by BR Dhillon Production Ltd a Vancouver based Canadian company.

Anyone else cringe when they see the words 'militant' and 'Sant Bhindrawale' in the same sentence? They've reduced him to a militant. Sad times.

Of course, it depends on the context but 9 times out of 10 its a loaded word designed to conjure up certain images.

I cringe to it as well, just to clarify though, it's the news article that refers to him as that. I'm sure the movie will dispel all of that.

I cringe to it as well, just to clarify though, it's the news article that refers to him as that. I'm sure the movie will dispel all of that.

Oh yes, of course. I wasn't criticising your post. I was referring to those outside of the faith who label Sant Ji as 'militant' without looking at the facts.

The movie seems to be a positive thing to do. I await it's release.