How To Get Back Into Work

Guest Lazy Bugger

Guest Lazy Bugger

Baicaly I have been out of work for over two years. Not through no fault of my own as I have applied for many jobs without any success. I dont know why But I have got into a really bad routine of just being lazy. And now im daunted about the prospect of going back to work. would I be able to hold a job down? from doing practicaly doing nothing all day. getting up late and living off the state. ive kind of got use to the fact of not working. I also had a job previously and got homesick and missed my family so much that i just quit the job.

I mean from having all the time in the world. spending it with family and not having to get up in the morning and completing a 8 hour working day. it just terrifies me that i will not be able to do it . as I have got so use to having so much freedom and time. To basically being stuck in a office for 8 hours a day. I just dont think I could do it and I fell ashamed of myself for being on benifits and not working. any advice on how to get back into the swing of work after such a long break. I dont even think my body will be able to cope with a full days work.

Guest Guest

I kno wt u mean when I started wrk after a year, I'm going to be honest it's nit easy but it's been a few months and I'm getting used to it now. Some says I will come home and Im shattered, some days I will cone and start doing something to keep my self occupied.

Trust me your not doing your body any good. Make your self a routine now. Don't eat late go sleep early. wake up early. Do something during the day, wthr it's a walk in the park, exercise or chores around the house.

If your job involves sitting in an office join a gym or go for a walk/jog in the evening to get some fresh air. You will get back into it, but I have to be honest if u don't make some sort of routine now before you start work, then work life will be to much for your body to take on one go.

Get up now and do something, do sone voluntary work some where even if part time. Take baby steps if you have to.

You will get there.

i quit my job after i beat up a security guard 15 months back. Very Nice to Meet U , Sir.

pleased to meet u as well , sir !

Don't wait for God or anything to offer you a job ... I say the earlier you break this stagnant inertia barrier , the better is it for you .

I am telling you from my experience , Trust me , you may one day regret you wasted so much thinking rather than actually going outside and getting a job !

pleased to meet u as well , sir !

Don't wait for God or anything to offer you a job ... I say the earlier you break this stagnant inertia barrier , the better is it for you .

I am telling you from my experience , Trust me , you may one day regret you wasted so much thinking rather than actually going outside and getting a job !

My post was addressed to the Original Poster .Quoted ur post by Mistake

Another reason why i left the place was that i was getting the feeling that i was just another cog in the wheel who made no particular difference. Easily replaceable and given little innovative work.I am trying to change my industry instead of getting into the same crap again

My post was addressed to the Original Poster .Quoted ur post by Mistake

Another reason why i left the place was that i was getting the feeling that i was just another cog in the wheel who made no particular difference. Easily replaceable and given little innovative work.I am trying to change my industry instead of getting into the same crap again

okay , so I get it you are not nice to meet me ! :p

yeah search for a better alternative

Guest Guest

okay , so I get it you are not nice to meet me ! :p

yeah search for a better alternative

Nice to meet U because u are a fellow sikh. Nice to meet the original poster cos i can empathize with him/her