Letters To Send To Mps About Professor Davinderpal Singh Bhullar - Bring Copies To The Remembrance March & Freedom Rally On Sunday 5 June

Every person attending the Remembrance March & Freedom Rally should sign a letter – much of this can be done on the coaches travelling to London.

However, every coach should bring around 200 extra copies of the letter so they can get others to sign when in London – this could be Sikhs who have not signed the letter from other towns or more importantly non-Sikhs (who live in the UK) that you meet during the march and in and around Trafalgar Square.

Around 200 extra copies of the letter means if 15 coaches are coming from a Gurdwara e.g. Guru Teg Bahdur Gurdwara, Leicester around 3,000 extra copies of the letter are an absolute must. If 10 coaches are coming from a Gurdwara e.g. Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Sedgley Street, Guru Nank Gurdwara, Smethwick etc. at around 2,000 extra copies of the letter are an absolute must.

It is best if each coach has 5 or more volunteers (with clipboards) who will ensure letters are properly completed by Sikhs and non-Sikhs. Volunteers looking for the signatures of non-Sikhs should ensure they have a good grasp of English.

Our target is to get 50,000-100,000 letters signed on Sunday 5 June. In addition, non-Sikhs will be given postcards that direct them to the letter online so they can complete and send to their MPs.

Link to letter for printing:

http://www.sikhfederation.com/pdf/Standard_letter_for_UK_Sangat_Prof_Bhullar.pdf

Please make sure your local Gurdwara has made arrangements for copies of this letter to be produced.

The Gurbani Anywhere Network - Directley broadcast adverts to 1000's of Gurbani Anywhere Users!

Please download, complete & submit a "GAN" form and we will be more than happy to advertise to sangat using Gurbani Anywhere to help with this honourable cause.

Gurfateh Ji

GA Admin

Sorry to say this but as a standard letter this is awfully written. The grammar and syntax is poor and if you look at the following paragraph basic information is missing along with an inappropriate ending:

In 2002 and 2003 considerable international pressure was applied by politicians from the UK, Germany, Canada and elsewhere on the Indian authorities to prevent his execution. Assurances were given by leading Indian politicians that the death sentence would not be carried out, but the Indian President’s announcement of 26 May 2011 casts major doubt about these assurances.

Who were these assurances given by, to whom and when?

The announcement does not create a major doubt about the assurance; it implies that the assurances were false to prevent a strong humanitarian voice.

On numerous occasions over the last 4 years I have e-mailed the Sikh Federation to state they need to get more professional, get a diverse pool of individuals to support them and be more transparent with their activity. Instead I continually get a closed door.

I would not class myself as one of them, but there are numerous highly educated, politically astute individuals out there, who want to be engaged but feel disfranchised.

The other thread on placards for the rally demonstrate how poor we are in sending a strong signal. I am also disappointed that, despite raising it with numerous individuals, there will not be a separate rally for the Professor, or that the 5th June rally has not been changed to devote it's focus entirely to the case of the Professor.

The people we will have before us on 5th June, leading the march and making the speeches have been there for the last 27 years, ask yourself what have the done or achieved over that time? Watching the Sikh Channels their only concern is to get as many youth at Hyde Park as possible to support their positions and boost their ego. You only need to ask where is the succession planning for Amrik Singh? There isn't one, since he is not prepared give up the limelight he has, despite the achievement record being very poor.

Don't get me wrong I strongly believe that we must never forget 1984 and we need to ensure there is a strong voice. I would also not discourage anyone from showing their support on 5th June. BUT we need to start changing what we are doing in relation to 84 to give greater political and media interest; since we don't have it yet.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe,

As we all know about Prof Devinderpal Singh Bhullar appeal being rejected. We urge you to let the public know of our injustice.

Prof. Devinderpal Singh Bhullar was the man behind SOPW, so please watch the video's on the website:

http://www.prisonerwelfare.com/multimedia/

Thank you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe,

As we all know about Prof Devinderpal Singh Bhullar appeal being rejected. We urge you to let the public know of our injustice.

Prof. Devinderpal Singh Bhullar was the man behind SOPW, so please watch the video's on the website:

http://www.prisonerwelfare.com/multimedia/

Thank you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe

We should aim to get the the support for the rally today channelled into helping the Sikh prisoners now.