The Three Worlds

waheguru Ji ka Khalsa , Waheguru ji ki fateh.

I hope this helps, I have been studying Gurbani on and off for a few years, and I try my best to interpret questions just like this. In my opinion, the 3 worlds is reffering to : thought, word, and deed. All these 3 are connected however can also be completley independant aswell. The GURUS thought, word, and deed in my opinion was always in sync. In todays world, we all say one thing, think another and do something completley different. The guru is present in all these 3 worlds, and we can become gursikh by first "naam jaap" always remembering waheguru, 2nd to make sure we speak and do not slander others or talk poorly about people... and finally perform good deeds! I can elaborate more if you want me to just send me an email to harry.s85@live.com and put " Three Worlds Reply" in the subject line. Sorry I am just reading the Vaars by Baba Gurdas and I am really into it. Hope that helps.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

• 1 year later...

The Heavenly worlds, the quanta(physical) worlds and Nether worlds. If Sikhism believes that heaven and hell are in forms of deeds that we perform and that heaven is to be one with god where as hell is to be reincarnated, then that would only imply that relative only to yourself, the environment changes to any of those states that you realise yourself.

If allowed, I would say that, the three worlds or triloki, whenever they are mentioned by any spiritual master, they refer to the three planes, which are: Physical, Astral and Causal.

These major 3 planes are constitute the region of Braham.

From there on, starts Parbraham, and the end is so to say Sach Khand, though it is infinite and beyond any imagination....

Waheguru.

• 2 weeks later...

If we agree and accept there are these three worlds, or planes of consciousness, then naturally we must also acdept that to function in them we must know about the adequate bodies in which we access and move in those planes:

"The interpenetration of man's three bodies is expressed in many ways through his threefold nature.

"In the wakeful state on earth a human being is conscious more or less of his three vehicles.

When he is sensuously intent on tasting, smelling, touching, listening, or seeing, he is working principally through his physical body.

Visualizing or willing, he is working mainly through his astral body.

His causal medium finds expression when man is thinking or diving deep in introspection or meditation; the cosmical thoughts of genius come to the man who habitually contacts his causal body.

In this sense an individual may be classified broadly as 'a material man,' 'an energetic man,' or 'an intellectual man.'

"A man identifies himself about sixteen hours daily with his physical vehicle. Then he sleeps; if he dreams, he remains in his astral body, effortlessly creating any object even as do the astral beings. If man's sleep be deep and dreamless, for several hours he is able to transfer his consciousness, or sense of I-ness, to the causal body; such sleep is revivifying. A dreamer is contacting his astral and not his causal body; his sleep is not fully refreshing."

Sat Sree Akal.