Medical Operations

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hi everyone I need some advice, bascially for a few years now I have had a problem going to the toilet and after having going to the doctor recently I have found out the only solution is to have a circiusmion operation, now I protested to the doctor that I did not want to have this operation as it goes against my faith but he told me it is the only solution as if left untreated it will get much worse later on. I read online that if a operation is for medical reasons then it is allowed but I am still debating whether or not to have the operation, so does anybody have any suggestions please?

Bhul chuk maaf

I heard that if it's for medical reasons then it's ok. the reason it should be ok to have this operation (I have never heard of that kind of operation so I googled what it is) is because if it's affecting your health then you will need to have it done it says on the website that skin needs to be take off, but if that's the only way you will get better then there cannot be no other solution it's not as if your doing to get rid of it on purpose.

I'm guessing your amritdhari, if you are in doubt you could always ask the panj pyare just to be on the safe side but I don't see why you can't go ahead with this operation due to medical reasons and no other for personal gain like plastic surgery or something then that would be wrong...

I hope I helped.

Circumcision ? Well , thats whats called sunnat ( of muslims)

for medical reasons , its OK !

Mod edit: oh dear god! There's no need to announce on the forum what you do behind closed doors

Edit --- O ! I am sorry . for writing that . biggrin.gif

Removed: Use the PM feature for such things, they are not appropriate for a Sikh forum