Isn't it Strange...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it strange how a 20 dollar bill seems like such a large amount when you donate it to the gurudawara,

but such a small amount when you go shopping?

Isn't it strange how 2 hours seem so long when you're at the gurudawara,

and how short they seem when you're watching a good movie?

Isn't it strange that you can't find a word to say when you're praying,

but you have no trouble thinking what to talk about with a friend?

Isn't it strange how difficult and boring it is to read one chapter of the Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji,

but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a popular novel?

Isn't it strange how everyone wants front-row-tickets to concerts or games,

but they do whatever is possible to sit at the back of the gurudawara?

Isn't it strange how we need to know about an event for the gurudawara 2-3 weeks before the day so we can include it in our agenda,

but we can adjust it for other events in the last minute?

Isn't it strange how difficult it is to learn a fact about Waheguru to share it with others,

but how easy it is to learn, understand, extend and repeat gossip?

Isn't it strange how we believe everything that magazines and newspapers say,

but we question the words in the Guru Granth Sahib? (this is dedicated to few of the over anthusiastic people of Sikhpal.com who always ask stupid questions about Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's teachings)

Isn't it strange how everyone wants a p

lace in heaven,

but they don't want to believe, do, or say anything to get there?

Isn't it strange how we send jokes in e-mails and they are forwarded right away,

but when we are going to send messages about Waheguru, we think about it twice before we share it with others?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

very, very true

Isn't it strange how we send jokes in e-mails and they are forwarded right away,

but when we are going to send messages about Waheguru, we think about it twice before we share it with others?

seems like some people are often ashamed of spreading sikhi related material as it may seem "uncool" or ruin their reputation.....the only reputation which matters is that with Waheguru Ji

this fact rises krodh throughout my body, Waheguru, it seems like all the uncles and aunties are scared of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and want to say as far as possible from Maharaj, and i dont know why!.....well maybe it sometimes reflects the religious philosophy which they have held throughout their life <_<

sidenote: currentling winamping an awesome track

Bibi Indermohan Kaur + Bhai Hapreet Singh Ji "MIX TAPE" :wub: uk 2004

this fact rises krodh throughout my body, Waheguru, it seems like all the uncles and aunties are scared of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and want to say as far as possible from Maharaj, and i dont know why!.....well maybe it sometimes reflects the religious philosophy which they have held throughout their life :wub:

This is true veerji... so true. But what can we do. I have asked most of my friends, and including family .. why you prefer to sit in da back... most of the responses was about others looking at you, and you being the center of attraction... i personally think that is a lame excuse. But what can you do, our culture is becoming more and more like that everyday. <_< Only thing to be done is through parchar... we gotta wake up !!!