Jeevani Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale Part Two

singhgsingh

Jeevani Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale Part Two

post-2405-1108408188.jpg

The Story of Nankana Sahib

Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee had just taken amrit when the shaheedi saka of Sri Nankana Sahib happened in 1921 AD. Giani Jee went to Nankana Sahib, with his own eyes he saw the place where Bhai Lashman Singh Jee Dharowalee was burnt alive. He saw the place where Bhai Daleep Singh was thrown into a burning fire. He saw with his own eyes where countless Singhs had oil poured on them and were burned alive. He saw the beadbi that had happened to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Sangat everywhere started Sri Akhaand Paat Sahibs. Singhs attained shaheedi but got back the control of the Gurdwara Sahib. With this the Gurdwara Sudhar Akaali Movement began. This event had a big impact on Sant Jee.

ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਾਟਿ ਸਭੁ ਅਰਪੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਅਗਨੀ ਆਪੁ ਜਲਾਈ ॥੪॥

I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. ||4||

Pilgrimage to Gurdwarai

On the way back from Sri Nankana Sahib, Sant Jee did darshan of Sri Harmandir Sahib Amritsar, Sangrana Sahib, Khadoor Sahib, and they arrived at Sri Goindval Sahib. Here Sant Jee did 84 Jap Jee Sahibs, on every step of the Bauli Sahib. After every paat they did Kesi Ishnaan, got Karah Parshad made and did ardaas, doing this they got the blessings of Sri Guru Amar Das Jee. From here, they went to Tarn Taaran Sahib, Chabal, Beer Baba Buddha Jee, Sanh Sahib, Guroo Kee Vadalee. After getting darshan of all these places they stayed at Sri Amritsar Sahib for three months and listened to katha and keertan. They did a lot of abhiaas of mool mantar and gurmantar.

This jaap for three months happened on the top floor of Sri Harmandir Sahib.

(This is a story that Sant Kartar Singh Jee tells:

Sant Jee showed me the place where he did Bhagti for three months on the top floor of Sri Harmandir Sahib on the vasakhi of 1964 AD in the evening. This spot where sant jee got the blessing of Sri Guru Ram Das Jee. It was that day at that same spot I was reciting Sukhmani Sahib out loud for Sant Jee to hear. When I was at the 18th Astpadee on this pauree:

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜੋ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਹੈ ॥ ਆਪਸ ਕਉ ਕਰਿ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਜਨਾਵੈ ॥

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਦ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ਮਨੁ ਬੇਚੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਪਾਸਿ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਸੇਵਕ ਕੇ ਕਾਰਜ ਰਾਸਿ ॥

ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਤ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਹਕਾਮੀ ॥ ਤਿਸ ਕਉ ਹੋਤ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਸੁਆਮੀ ॥ ਅਪਨੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਆਪਿ ਕਰੇਇ ॥

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਲੇਇ ॥੨॥ (286)

At this point Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee said to me: I am going to give you the seva of the Taksal. From now on you will remain ਜਤੁ ਪਾਹਾਰਾ ਧੀਰਜੁ ਸੁਨਿਆਰੁ ॥ You will remain a Jatee ( not have any more kids). Remember this. Guru Jee has given you 2 sons, that is all that is written for you. After hearing this I remained quiet and soon after restarted reciting gurbani paat.)

From Sri Amritsar Sahib Sant Jee went to Sri Anandpur Sahib, and Sri Keeratpur Sahib. Then to Chamkaur Sahib where for 40 days Sant Jee did Simran in the Bauli Sahib standing in water that was up to their throat.

Coming into the Jatha Permanently

In the year 192 AD Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee went to Bhindree and with his hands folded asked Sant Sundar Singh Jee to please accept him in the jatha and teach him. Hearing this Sant Sundar Singh Jee saw how much abhiaas he had done and took him and hugged him, and allowed him into the jatha permanently.

Seva and Simran in the Jatha

Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee let go of his attachment to his home and family. He did seva of mahapurakhs. Did simran , abhiaas and sometimes they would sing this shabad:

ਮਾਤਰ ਪਿਤਰ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਕੈ ਮਨੁ ਸੰਤਨ ਪਾਹਿ ਬੇਚਾਇਓ ॥

I have abandoned my mother and father, and sold my mind to the Saints.

Everyday Sant Jee would get up at 1 AM and would take a bath. After this for Sava Pehar they would do naam simran. Sant Sundar Singh Jee had given them the seva to clean the gurdwara Sahib, to do Parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and read Sri Jap Jee Sahib, Sri Sukhmani Sahib and to start Keertan in the morning. Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee completed this seva with a lot love, respect, and cleanliness.

Gaining Knowledge

Sant Sundar Singh Jee recognizing the greatness of Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee and would always keep Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee close to them. From 1921 to 1930 he remained with them at all times, doing their seva. In this time period Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee listened to four complete kathas of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee from Sant Sundar Singh Jee. Sant Sundar Singh also taught Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhai Gurdas Deean Vaaran, Kabit Savaiyai, Bhai Nand Lal Jee’s Bani, Dasam Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Sri Guru Panth Parkash, Sri Gur Bilas Patshahee 6 and 10 and other famous granths. They taught Giani Jee the arths of Gurbani. Afterwords for secondary knowledge they were taught other religious granths. Giani Jee did about 150,000 Paats of Sri Jap Jee Sahib, 360,00 Jaaps of Sri Mool Mantar, and countless jaaps of Vaahiguroo Gurmantar. Sometimes Giani Jee would come under a spell of love for Sant Sundar Singh Jee that he would sing this shabad

ਤੁਮ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਤੀ ਰਾਤੇ ਸੰਤਹੁ ॥ ਨਿਬਾਹਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਪੁਰਖ ਬਿਧਾਤੇ ਓੜਿ ਪਹੁਚਾਵਹੁ ਦਾਤੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

O Saint, You are attuned to the Lord. Please stand by me, Architect of Destiny; please take me to my destination, Great Giver. ||1||Pause||

Full faith in Gurbani and Gursikhi Jeevan

Giani Jee would keep full faith in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, and the Ten Guru Sahibs, even whilst sleeping they would sing these shabads:

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਕਹੈ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜਨੁ ਮਾਨੈ ਪਰਤਖਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ॥੫॥ (982)

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਬਣੀਐ ॥ (304)

The Word of the True Guru's Bani is the embodiment of Truth; through Gurbani, one becomes perfect.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬਚਨ ਬਚਨ ਹੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪਾਧਰੁ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਜਨਾਵੈ ਗੋ ॥੫॥

ਮੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਆਧਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਲਾਗਿ ਰਹਾਉ ॥੮॥ (1309)

The True Guru is the Word, and the Word is the True Guru, who teaches the Path of Liberation. ||5||

I have the Support of the Word of the Guru's Bani. Attached to Gurbani, I survive. ||8||

With this Giani Jee’s mind would always be in gurbani. It would be attached to the feet of Guru Jee.

ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ॥

ਮਗਨ ਮਨੈ ਮਹਿ ਚਿਤਵਉ ਆਸਾ ਨੈਨਹੁ ਤਾਰ ਤੁਹਾਰੀ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ (1120)

I love the Love of my Beloved.

My mind is intoxicated with delight, and my consciousness is filled with hope; my eyes are drenched with Your Love. ||Pause||

Giani Jee’s voice was very sweet, his Gurbani Ucharan was very Shud (correct) so that is why Sant Sundar Singh Jee made Giani Jee the Paati for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee katha. Giani Jee would always wake up at amritvela, do naam abhiaas, nitnem, and seva. Everything he did was with undying love and respect for Guru Jee.

Doing Paat during Katha

One time during the fourth katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Sant Sundar Singh Jee was doing arths of this Pangtee:

ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਬਿਸਰਉ ਹੀਏ ਮੋਰੇ ਤੇ ਬਿਸਰਤ ਜਾਈ ਹਉ ਮਰਤ ॥੧॥

Let me not forget Him, even for an instant; forgetting Him, I die. ||1||

At this point Giani Gurbachan Singh remained quiet for a while and then read the next line. So Sant Sundar Singh Jee told the sangat, that the reason for the Singh to not read the pangti right away was because he is making the effort to make his avastha higher with each and every shabad, to apply it to his life. Sant Jee had swaas swaas simran (with each and every breath) going on even during whilst doing katha.

ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥ (305)

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food – that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru’s Mind.

ਦਮਿ ਦਮਿ ਸਦਾ ਸਮਾਲਦਾ ਦੰਮੁ ਨ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਾਇ ॥ (556)

With each and every breath, he constantly remembers the Lord in meditation; not a single breath passes in vain.

Reciting Bani while sleeping

Giani Jee had so much love and affection for Gurbani that even while sleeping they would continue to recite gurbani:

ਕਬੀਰ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਹੂ ਬਰੜਾਇ ਕੈ ਜਿਹ ਮੁਖਿ ਨਿਕਸੈ ਰਾਮੁ ॥ਤਾ ਕੇ ਪਗ ਕੀ ਪਾਨਹੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਤਨ ਕੋ ਚਾਮੁ ॥੬੩॥ (1367)

Kabeer, if someone utters the Name of the Lord even in dreams, I would make my skin into shoes for his feet. ||63||

Even when sleeping their Ucharan of Gurbani was perfect, they would not even leave out a kanna anywhere. Sometimes Singhs would open up pothis and follow along. They would be amazed at how correct the paat was, and it would continue for many angs. Up to this point, Giani Jee had listened to four complete Kathas of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

Gsingh jeeo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Which pustak have you translated from. Do you have any information on the jeevan of Giani Mohan Singh ji Bhindrawale. Also keep up the good work of posting articles on Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's jeevan.

Rabb Rakhe

I have mainly used Ithaas Damdami Taksal (Sankhep). The jeevani is written by Sant Kartar Singh Jee. There is some information on Giani Mohan Singh Jee. Maybe in the future I can write their jeevani as well. The plan now is to finish Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee's hopefully by the end of this year. Then write about Sant Sundar Singh, Sant Kartar Singh, Sant Jarnail Singh and Baba Thakur Singh Jee. We'll see how Maharaj wills.

Bhai GSingh jeeo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sant Kartar Singh ji has written about Giani Mohan Singh ji in this book? Please write what he has written or scan this page veer ji.

Also are there any other books I can refer to on the jeevan of Gian Mohan Singh ji?

Keep up the good work. Many will benefit in reading the jeevans of Mahaprakhs from Damdami Taksal.

Rabb Rakhe