Lack Of Motivation After Helping Parents

Guest DesiGuy

Guest DesiGuy

WJKK WJKF,

Two years ago, I helped out my parents majorly by lending them about a 100,000 dollars that I had saved up after working 4 years like a dog. After since lending them the money, I have felt depressed and have a lack of energy, and I think it is partly due to that.

In my head, I assumed my luck would have changed for the better after giving them. I have started keeping dasvand, but I am still depressed, dukhi over worries in life about money.

If I hadnt given them that money, I could have bought property or something that would ease my money tensions. I sound like a hypocrite, but I had worked really hard for that money, I didn't take vacations, and now I feel my health and mind has gone because of it.

Any help..

How much do you think your parents have spent on you since you were born? I assure you it's much much higher than 100k. As far as I am concerned, there is no 'lending' money to parents. We owe our everything to them and must do everything we can to take care of them.

There is a saying in Punjabi, 'paisa hath di maal hunda'. Translation: money is like the dirt of your hand. One day you have lots and the next day you have nothing.

Yes 100k is a lot of money. But has giving this money away made your life so miserable that you can not buy the necessities? By necessities I mean food to eat, clothes to wear, and a house to live. Since you were able to save 100k in only 4 years, you are fairly well off. Much better than millions of those who can not even afford to buy food 3 times a day.

How much do you think your parents have spent on you since you were born? I assure you it's much much higher than 100k. As far as I am concerned, there is no 'lending' money to parents. We owe our everything to them and must do everything we can to take care of them.

There is a saying in Punjabi, 'paisa hath di maal hunda'. Translation: money is like the dirt of your hand. One day you have lots and the next day you have nothing.

Yes 100k is a lot of money. But has giving this money away made your life so miserable that you can not buy the necessities? By necessities I mean food to eat, clothes to wear, and a house to live. Since you were able to save 100k in only 4 years, you are fairly well off. Much better than millions of those who can not even afford to buy food 3 times a day.

Pretty sure it is more than a Billion people living below the poverty line. Be thankful for what you have, look at those below you not above. There are many more worse off than you then better. If God put you in their shoes then what could you have done? Just be thankful.

You sound like you're having money troubles(serious I'm guessing by the tone of your email) and it's affecting your health.

I understand it's difficult- you did a good deed helping your parents out, deeds like that don't go unnoticed in God's court- karma is in play in every aspect of our lives. Understand though that we were out here to find Him- this life is purely a game (through karam) to find and dicover God, nothing more.

Your dukhi is a gift which you can use to your advantage, go deep into it, and hence into yourself and get to the point, through naam(simran) which is God himself, that you realise that there actually is no pain, Only Him pushing you closer to him- only the high level bhagats remember him fully when in sukh- dukh is a gift to get you fight back with Naam/truth to get back to the balanced state, to go deeper within/ to the higher levels.

Pain is maya, it is hell, a complete illusion. Realise the actual reason you're here and you'll feel more calm in your heart, you'll see the lessons he's teaching you every moment and learn to live by his will no matter what illusion plays out before your eyes- he has no form, image, cast or creed so everything you see, feel and know is false.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

There is nothing wrong in giving money to your parents but the question is what did they do with the money ?

May be they made an investment or bought a property, securing your future.

The answer will help you understand their perspective so just relax.

There are million ways of making money but as wise men say ''Money can't buy you Happiness''.

Happiness comes from Loving & Sharing.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Poster of this post

WJKK WJKF

Thank you for everyone to respond, they basically purchased the proceeds after a business deal gone awry. The property will be passed on to another sibling, which is what my parents said.

It pained me that I worked so hard, and I have nothing to show for it. However, I will take what a lot of you will say to heart, I have just been pained in my heart for a while now, and need some release.

I will start reading gurbani to ease my worries about money.

parents and family is false, without gurbani and naam simran people have the 5 theives running wild.

Meaning, every single person out there who doesnt do naam simran and live by gurbani is jealous and envious of you, angry with you, egostistcal in your presecence, greedy for more, lustful for you or just generally, and attached to you.

Shake them and their cr*p off with naam simran and by living gurbani.

The whole world is out to get you, thats the truth, except the bhagats.

Remember its just god teaching you lessons every second, asking you to detach from the foolery like the lotus floating above muddy water.