Help Please - Sikh Sister Wants To Marry Hindu

Guest SinghSoorma

Guest KopSingh

@kalyugi

fact is non-believers are taking advantage of uk sikhs low self esteem. in the 80s n 90s groups like shere panjab/ Sikh Unit/ tooti nangs/ holy smokes battled grooming gangs who were and ARE targeting our girls. they warned gurdwaras and the police that this is going on secretly, they told parents to educate young ones of these badmaash people, but nobody listened. some of those warriors are doing life sentences in prison for the protection of girls, but in the end they didnt even get a letter from the families or even a pat on the back from our gurdwaras.

In canada its the other way around, NOBODY messes with apnay, but here we have the mentality of "oh but theres too many of the enemy", how do we stop em blah blah.

A couple of years ago, where i work (well known supermarket), me and my 2 cousins work there, and my cousin, was being stalked by some bangladeshi guy who thought his balls were bigger than the mountains, when she reluctantly told me of this dirty kuttha, the very next day i had him up against the wall and threatned to kirpan his body and throw away the pieces (i live near a river,so it can be done). And he NEVER even went near her again, he even has his head down when i or my other cousin (male) walk past, even though my other cousin (female) no longer works there. I didnt give a crap about whether i could lose my job, its izzat da sawaal (question of honour).

sorry for the essay

Guest KopSingh

@_SinghSoorma_ and to ALL PPL reading this, look at this video, this shouldsmack some sharam and hopefully put some jigraa (bravery) into you.

watch bhindrawale smashing it. WATCH FROM 1:30 onwards, its fantastic

@_SinghSoorma_ and to ALL PPL reading this, look at this video, this shouldsmack some sharam and hopefully put some jigraa (bravery) into you.

watch bhindrawale smashing it. WATCH FROM 1:30 onwards, its fantastic

you are a breath of fresh air on this forum...finally people can see what the youth of UK are feeling...weve had enough....our elders buried their head in the sand..but the youth will not...breaking noses is the only way to keep them away from our young sisters and brothers

Guest KopSingh

yo brothers and sisters, thanks for the feedback, i just speak the real stuff, nothing special. I have been saying for years, that its the damn gurdwaras who are the reason for break in the uk sikh society. They are the ones who inform the community of attacks and various other threats, and also more importantly, FEED THE SANGATS SOULS, just because we are born into house of sardars and sikhi, doesnt mean we were born with all the knowledge of the religion!!

the one thing that ALWAYS makes me laugh is the way the pardhaans (presidents) of the gurdwaras actualy genuinely think we care about them and their campaigns to get elected. We just want a gurdwara who just runs properly, no baggage.

when our parents first came to this country, sunday was the day nobody worked and shops were closed, WHY?, because this is a christian country, and sunday is the day of rest, and all the goreh would be at church. then in the 80's n 90s church buildings were being closed down and bought by muslim/sikh/hindus for their new masjids/gurdwaras/mandirs. Fast forward 2012, all supermarkets and town centres are open, WHY?, because the christians in the UK, dont give a *edited* anymore. thats why sooooooo many goreh are not bothered with having 14 yr old kids who are pregnant, because theres no religion in their life to give them sharam.

But also thats why so many goreh are converting to other religions, because their SOULS ARE STARVING! which leads me to why arent gurdwaras doing missionary work on the streets like muslims are doing???? If i hear another sikh telling me "Well sikhi isnt a missionary religion, that looks for converts" im gona explode!! if thats the case then why the *edited* did guru nanak go on travels to mecca/istanbul/himalayas/sri lanka/baghdad? he didnt go to strech his legs ppl. Also guru amardas when given guruship, the first thing he did, was send out missionaries.

i dont care what anyone says, but sikh IS the only religion which feeds a starving soul, this happens, with naam japping and meditation, no other faith stresses this more than sikhi. Yet so many goris are happy to dress up like ninjas and become someone elses 2nd wife and not being allowed to work!

If you look at the sikh youth nowadays,if we are not careful, then we will end up with hearing 14 year old apnis pregnant. there is no difference between them and goreh now. fast forward 20 years, gurdwaras are going to be closed down, because the sangat are not interested.

When we have youth cannot even name the 10 gurus, its an embarassment.

I HAVE the formula, at the gurdwara, SPEAK ENGLISH ONLY!! hearing a speech on stage by some stupid 70 year old singh speaking deep panjabi, is possibly the most boring thing ever! Its no suprise the best and most viewed program sikh channel ever had was the youth show (english program) with kam singh on sundays, then they took it off air, *edited*! Coventry gurdwaras are turning english only apparently, with cracking results too.

im not an amritdhari, nor will i ever be (im not good enough to be one), but i WOULD DIE for guru gobind singh, anytime any place, this is not a load of fukraa (*edited*). this is the sort of attitude sikhs should have. But unfortunately how can we expect coconuts n mona sikhs to think like this, when even amritdharis arent ready to die. WAKE UP PPL

@_SinghSoorma_ - read this PLEASE!! talk to the brahmin.But if hes still there, thinking hes a badman, do him over!

sorry for the essay.

If you look at the sikh youth nowadays,if we are not careful, then we will end up with hearing 14 year old apnis pregnant. there is no difference between them and goreh now. fast forward 20 years, gurdwaras are going to be closed down, because the sangat are not interested.

I can see that happening in the UK in the next 15 to 20 years.

Although I'm sure you must realise not all white people are like that. There's dodgy sections of people in all parts of society. The worrying thing is that these so-called dodgy people are beginning to increase amongst Sikhs.

I can see that happening in the UK in the next 15 to 20 years.

Although I'm sure you must realise not all white people are like that. There's dodgy sections of people in all parts of society. The worrying thing is that these so-called dodgy people are beginning to increase amongst Sikhs.

i already know of apnis who got pregnant before the age of 16...its not as common as in white and black communities here..but in 2 generations it will be very common...because sikhi is near enough extinct in their whole families...

i think KopSingh is right...even though we should become fluent in punjabi and master it...parchaar in UK needs to be in ENGLISH!...so many goreh become muslims here...soley because of their enlgish parchaar...ours is so weak in comparison...i remember when i used to go gurdwara before i got into sikhi..i used to think what is this guy on the stage talking about....its the enlgish parchaar i recieved off the internet that brought me into sikhi....why are our gurdwaras geared towards the punjabi community only?

That's because there is a lack of parchaar going on. My Christian friend's dad gets payed 25 grand a year and Jewish rabbis get paid 40 grand plus, imams get paid a good amount as well. But speaking to some of the gianis at the gurdwara they get paid £80+ a week. Obviously if we want high quality parchaar to be implemented into our communities we need to look after our gianis also there are many English speaking parcharics that do parchaar part time or on the weekends. What if we paid them a good amount so they could do parchaar full time. Then all the youth could learn what sikhi is all about.

Conversions would definitely decrease and researching over why Muslims are so into their religion is because each mosque has designated an imam for a group of people where they teach them for hours a day or weekly about their religion in English. Also they have social events and youth clubs going on every week that brings many people in where they also teach them about islam.

Are Sikhs lacking funding? (Maybe they are because the gurdwara I go to are always complaining about the funding or the finance accounts are not adding up properly - that someone has been stealing the money LOL). What’s going on because correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the census indicate the Sikhs being one of the richest on average as a whole community?

i think KopSingh is right...even though we should become fluent in punjabi and master it...parchaar in UK needs to be in ENGLISH!...so many goreh become muslims here...soley because of their enlgish parchaar...ours is so weak in comparison...i remember when i used to go gurdwara before i got into sikhi..i used to think what is this guy on the stage talking about....its the enlgish parchaar i recieved off the internet that brought me into sikhi....why are our gurdwaras geared towards the punjabi community only?

True, true. But I'm born and bred in England. I love the English language but I can speak Punjabi to a level that I'm understood clearly, and I also read Gurbani from a Gutka, i.e. not the continuous verses with no spaces from SGGS Ji.

In my opinion you simply cannot beat Punjabi when it comes to trying to understand parchaar and other Sikhi related issues. But I do appreciate the argument that because some parents didn't give their kids the opportunity to learn their mother tongue, something has to be done and if that means parchaar in English then so be it. But I think we should at least make an attempt to learn Punjabi.