Good Read

hgsingh

West london singh could you explain why sikh girls get converted if uk sikh girls are confident and sleeping around

Gamersingh it is the village punjabi mentality

Not all sikhs follow the punjabi mentallity

So I'm not labelling all sikhs cause you have educated sikhs to in vancouver and un educated sikhs in toronto the punjabi immigrants in toronto and vancouver are very alike look at all the punjabi black gangster wannabe's in rexdale and brampton the only thing that keeps them from selling drugs like punjabis in vancouver is cause their scared of the blacks and tamils were as vancouver doesn't have blacks or tamils

Their are sikhs in bc who are 4 generations you have sikhs in uk who have bin their for 70 years you have sikhs in uk that come from africa so not all sikhs follow the village mindset but the village mindset is why punjabis are hooked on drugs in punjab why they get into gangs and drugs in vancouver why you have wannabe's in toronto and why you have punjabi girls in vancouver being put into prostitution by punjabi boys and punjabi girls in toronto dating black drug dealers and afghans and why you have sikh girls in uk converting to islam cause their self esteem is being destroyed with boys being favored over girls

Why does alot of people on this site think loads of UK Sikhs girls convert to Islam. My friends in Kannedha and AMerika its not at all like that, yes it happans but its like a tiny smidge. Like a handful of cases anyone disagree please oh please tell me where this large scale conversion is happening which town? NO it's a few here and there.

EDIT

Also why you guys thinks Sikhs get bullied and done over by blacks, whites or pakistanis? MAte i never ever seen other communities ruuning apne, like where again is it happening?

Although the external environment does have a major influence on this issue, you have take into consideration that Toronto has a similar environment to Vancouver yet Sikhs in Toronto don't face as big a gang problem as Vancouver. It makes you wonder if the way the Punjabis are brought up in BC is different to the way they are being brought up elsewhere in North America. As for all Sikhs from around the world being raised in the same culture, that is just not true. Despite the fact that most of Sikh immigrants came from rural Punjab, the literacy levels of these immigrants vary based on the location they have settled at. Looking strictly at Canada, most Sikhs who immigrated to BC came as laborers and refugees and have little education - resulting in a pendu upbringing. A large portion of Sikhs in Toronto, on the other hand, came as skilled persons and have higher education resulting in a more modern upbringing and culture. This could be a factor in the gang problem in Vancouver.

Disagree with that Gamersingh. In my experience the vast majority of the UK sikhs are of the same family of the majority of the BC Sikhs. Often siblings if not cousins. Same level of (non) education...same everything. My grandparents....just like all my other elderly relatives in the UK...were completely unpadh. Back in the early days brothers from villages in doaba would make their way to Bombay (and especially Karachi after Nehru's sister, who was the ambassador to London and hated the sight of Sikhs put pressure on India to move the passport office well out of the reach of Sikhs from Punjab.....resulting in most Sikhs then crossing the border into Pakistan and travelling abroad under false muslim identities) after getting their passports and getting on a ship. Sometimes one brother would end up on a ship that docked in London....one brother on a ship that docked in california and the other brother ended up in Vancouver. Their cultures, however, remained the same.

Alot of your other points fail also. The 'environment' for violence / crime in Toronto is more like London than it is with Vancouver. I'm talking specifically in the way that the 3 cities of London-New York and Toronto form the core of the Jamaican diaspora. As HGSingh mentioned earlier, if those gangster sikhs from Vancouver were located in either Toronto, London or New York they would not have been able to think about muscling into any gangster drug trade. It just so happens, given the demographics of Vancouver....that the Sikhs are the 'blacks' there. It is all about environment.

Also.....given that the majority of Sikhs in Toronto are from the rural areas around Moga and Moga has historically been regarded as one of, if not the most, backward area of all Punjab, I fail to see how you come to the conclusion that they are inherently the most 'modern' in thinking ?

We Sikhs from rural backgrounds....whether from doaba, malwa or majha, are exactky the same with exactly the same culture. It is ALL about the environments we find ourselves in. It is our environment that shapes us.

And HGSingh, I can't comment on 'clubbing'. Its not something I've ever done. In my yoot, whilst friends were out clubbing, I was addicted to reading books and arming myself with knowledge. Looking back...I suppose I shoulda read a book on clubbing too. But......seriously now, I've seen urban Labana girls doing the same thing in New York and I've seen bhappa girls doing it in Bombay and Texas. Their culture is different to mine so whose culture do we blame now ?

Forget the caste its the indian and punjabi culture of favoring boys over girls just punjabis take it to another level cause they end up spoiling the punjabi boy were as other indians like guju's harshly push their boys to become docters and won't give them anything until they have a straight a report card

Not all punjabi family's do this cause their our family's were the boy and girl are treated equal

But even guju girls look what they do in clubs same thing their treated like second class citizens

Indian punjabi culture is poison to sikhi