• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• ^^  It would be a travesty if in fact no one from the previous era had bothered to understand ALL Islamic scriptures including the Quran and Hadiths in original source. I hope they weren't simply reading sanitized commentaries  and translations all this time. Other than that,  hindu dieties/customs were a softer target (prior to  the current aggressive hindutva resurgence). It's more appealing to point out flaws in docile hindus  than engage in constructive self analysis.  
    • I still like koi's argument about orbital distance. Infact, the outer partner will have to increase speed while covering a larger distance to maintain equal timing upon arrival at the starting point. 
    • Lmao, reverse psychology, good idea. Convince her the husband is a mule or livestock to be reined by the bride; a metaphor for marriage. 😅😂 Debate over. Not only is Sikhi pro-female, the Sikh marriage ceremony demotes the groom to animal status. 
    • I think the poster meant from a resident Indian Sikh perspective, not those of us in the West.   I think you're correct if referring to previous eras, but the Quran and the Hadiths on which katha is done has been unchanged for centuries, and yet the tone and content on the part of our preachers hasn't shifted AT ALL. There's still an undeniable sense of the Sikh preaching hierarchy portraying a wistful, honourable, almost mythically spiritual, Arabian Nights quality to Mohammed's life.  Where is their responsibility to the truth while sitting adjacent to Guru Granth Sahib? Why are they presenting a distorted and misleading representation of reality to the sangat? Why do they get so worked up over Hindu deities yet ignore the flaws of Islam's "perfect human" despite him committing greater evil against humanity than the Hindu pantheon combined?
    • I disagree - I mean most Sikhs I know including younger ones are wary of Muslims and Islam

Important Information

Terms of Use