What The .....?

Never mind discussions about our young females. What hope have they got when some of our 'elders' are ike this ? :

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/harlesden_distraction_burglar_banned_from_cold_calling_homes_in_england_and_wales_1_1228127

:wow:

Prolific burglar, targetting the most vulnerable, in and out of prison like a yo-yo, comes out and does it again. Come down to London from Leeds apparently. What the hell has gone wrong with our people ?

Shes a lowlife, however we dont know what community she belongs to there are alot of punjabi christians, hindu punjabi's and non-sikh ravidassia who use the name kaur and have punjabi names. So lets not attribute people like her belonging to our Sikh community.

Looks like this is a growing trend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9126384/Grandmother-jailed-after-plot-to-steal-homes-from-elderly.html

Disappointed with Genie's remarks. Sounds like the easy way out. How do you know she's not Sikh? If she had been awarded the Nobel prize with the surname 'kaur' , would you still question if she was a Sikh or Hindu punjabi? You shouldn't bury your head in the sand.

Looks like this is a growing trend.

http://www.telegraph...om-elderly.html

Disappointed with Genie's remarks. Sounds like the easy way out. How do you know she's not Sikh? If she had been awarded the Nobel prize with the surname 'kaur' , would you still question if she was a Sikh or Hindu punjabi? You shouldn't bury your head in the sand.

Has she got her religion tattooed on her head or something? go look at names of Christian punjabis hindu punjabis and ravidassia non-sikh punjabis. they all use their punjabi names and the name kaur or singh even though they dont follow sikhism.

You should use your intelligence.

Again you show your lack of intelligence....

she could be Sikh who knows but how quick we are to assume she is Sikh is fascinating. The bitter pill you cant swallow is seeing she may not be Sikh. she doesnt have her religion mentioned so why are we quick to assume she is Sikh? He the article suggested she is Sikh I nor anyone else would have issue, but i think it would be very unwise for people to assume she is sikh just cos she has a punjabi name.

As the Sikhnet thread has shown the chairman of 3ho mr kartar singh khalsa who everyone would assume was a convert to Sikhism actually declared in american court he wasnt a Sikh.

agreed. what is the likelihood of her being non-sikh? 1 or 2 % max.

Absolutely Chatanga. Besides, I thought ravidasia's used surnames such as devi, chand, kumari or das. They tend to be very particular about their identity (incl surname). The same goes for punjabi christians. Hindu punjabi's never use kaur, not in my experience. More likely Sharma, Kaul etc.

If I hear the surname 'gupta', chances are the individual is a hindu. I do know of a gupta who is a Sikh as well - it happens, but not common. If I hear of the surname singh/kaur, I immediately think of a Sikh. Not a ravidasia or hindu punjabi.

It's about probability. it's not absolute, but if you hear of someone called kaur, chances are, she's a Sikh.

If that was "breaking news" to you Genie, then you and I have a long way to go.

Daily mail I think you need to visit the ravidassia facebook group and see what names on there who espouse to be non-sikhs but ravidassia's they use the last name kaur and singh too. Similarly hindu punjabi's have Sikh sounding names often hindu punjabi's and sikhs have inter-religious marriages so these names pass from one generation to another. 40% of punjab is hindu so there is a high likely hood she can he a hindu punjabi. There are also many christian punjabi's just search on youtube ans see how they carry on their sikh identity yet claiming to be christian.

so why we are attaching religion to this lowlife of woman when we don't know as the article doesn't say what faith she believes is? This is Lunacy trying to put your own community down if you are even sikh.