Where Did All The Guti's Go ?

if u look at your grandparents or even your parents almost everybody had their kesh uncut and now if u look so many ppl have haircuts its like a whole generation just broke . i think almost everybodys grandparents wore pugs and had kesh and mostly everybody parents and even the next generation kids but then so many guti's just disappered a whole generation .

Guest KopSingh

duno bowt gutis, but if u realise that patkas r a load of rubbish! i remember watchin bhai manvir singh on sangat tv, and he explained how patkas are not part of sikhi, and look no further than the younger sahibzadas, who only wore dastars.

if u also notice when u look at OLD OLD photos of our dads etc when they 1st came 2 uk, no mater how young or mid teens etc they ONLY wore dastaars, then this phenomenon of patkas/gutis came along.

In my workplace we have guys that are in their mid 30's and they still wear patkae and not dastars...they come to work in trouser and shirt :blink2:

Shame on them. Please try to change their mindset and tell them the importance of wearing a neat turban.

Do your part in trying to get these guys see some sense.

BTW, what's wrong with "they come to work in trouser and shirt :blink2:"

Shame on them. Please try to change their mindset and tell them the importance of wearing a neat turban.

Do your part in trying to get these guys see some sense.

BTW, what's wrong with "they come to work in trouser and shirt :blink2:"

i myself wear trouser and shirt...i'm just trying to say that i would have hoped that working in a professional environment & waering trouser/shirt they would automatically be more inclined to wear a dastaar.