aarti

my own father spent 6 years learning Kirtan in Raags. Raags must be sung according to time but there is no limit to Gurbani. If there was then Rain Sabais would be impossible to have. Without pure raags, Gurbani can be sung at any time. this is what I know. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ok, so why is it asa di // is sung at amritvela time and not around 12pm? now, in most gurdwaras this is not sung in raag now is it? so why do you have to start it around 3-6am?

anyway, back to the topic.

after studying raag dhanasaree mehla 1 in sri kirtan sohila sahib, i have come to this conclusion....

god created the world, he created everything around us. the sun, the moon, the stars everything. everything around us is aarti. why? because god made it, AND IT JUST SHOWS HIS POWER! traditionally, aarti (hindu version) was to show how powerful god was. but the guru said whats the point of that when the power of god can be seen everywhere?

now, what is aarti and how do hindus do it?????

well heres a pic below showing hindus do aarti to symbolise power. well why do you think they are doing it to prince charles in this pic (you ca tell its him, look at his ganja head)?

http://www.sparcindia.org/images/06%20Aarti.jpg

the aarti is normally done in front of an idol with this going round in circular movm

ents....

http://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/objects...mages/aarti.jpg

whats the benefits of doing the aarti (in SGGS)

well you tell me, whats the benfeit in listening to shabad and doing what shabad says?

obviously, sat, santok and vichaar

bhol chukke muaff