Hans Raj Hans Now Vice President Of Sad

Azaad

Punjab's "Raj Gayak" Hans Raj Hans, who has been appointed vice-president of the Shiromani Akali Dal, says that he has decided to dedicate his life to the SAD and his 'political guru' Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.

Hans had virtually left politics after his defeat in the 2009 Parliamentary elections. He lost the election to his nearest rival and the then PPCC president Mohinder Singh Kaypee. He managed to secure 3.85 lakh votes.

It is learnt that the party may field him in the 2014 Parliamentary elections. Since Jalandhar Parliamentary constituency is dominated by Dalit voters, the SAD leadership is toying with the idea to utilise the goodwill and fan following of Hans as a singer to its advantage in the polls. More than 46 per cent voters in Doaba are Dalits and Hans belongs to the Majhbi-Balmiki community. Apart from being a 'Sufi' singer, he is also the head of a Nakodar-based shrine, "Laal Badshah Da Durbar".

"I remained dejected and depressed for over two years after my defeat. But now I am happy and decided to dedicate my whole life to the SAD and its chief Sukhbir Singh Badal. Sukhbir is my 'political guru' and he is instrumental in bringing me back to active politics," he said.

"I got a bit shaky and shifted my base to Mumbai, as I was thinking that nobody was asking for me after my defeat. But Sukhbir did not forget me. He has pushed me to the forefront once again," said Hans.

Hans remained in political oblivion for over two years after 2009 polls. He had even declared that he would never try his luck in politics again.

"In fact, when I went to Mumbai in a state of utter dejection, I had forgotten that over 3.85 lakh people, who had voted for me, had showered so much of love upon me. I should not have left them. Sukhbirji hugged me and reminded me about them. He persuaded me to re-join politics. He had ordered me to do so in such a loving manner that I could not say no to him," he said.

About contesting the next Parliamentary elections, he said, "I cannot say anything at this moment. I will do whatever Sukhbir will say. I am blessed as I have not only been made vice-president, but also a member of the Political Affairs Committee (PAC) of the party."

Hans Raj Hans is a bandhar, him brown-nosing the badals says everything, also is hans sikh or hindu?

he doesnt know what he is himself, he is a chamar from Safipurm, whch is next to my village. He has gifted radhaswami dera a massive plot of land in his village and every wednesday hundreds of people attend there.