Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Akhand Paath)

ghatak

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

What is the rehat maryada of doing Guru Granth Sahib akhand paath in home by inviting singhs to do it in home?

Like how many singhs need to be present.

Please enlighten

Thanks

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Good question. I would also like to know that. When we had Sukhmani Sahib ji paat there was 3 Singhs.

Not sure if there is a minimum requirement. But i am guessing 2 at least as they have a rota, to read paat. And when its the next granthis or whoever is going to read next turn would be to wise to change over.

Please could somebody else with more knowledge answer this.

5 singhs to bring maharaj to your Home after that if your going to do a akand path then there should be 1 person always within the room listening to the bani, your whole family should be spending 3-4 hours a day minimum listening, as only by listen can you get full blessing of Sat Guru, the other thing is to make a rota for the evening, who will take the 12am-3am shift then 3am to 6am, hopefully after this time your family will have gotten up, which will give you time to rest for a couple of hours, and then go back to listening to Gur Bani.

Just recently i was blessed to attend to a akand path at a friends house, and spending those 3 days with Guru MahaRaj was extremely beneficial to my Jevan, so try to get 6-8 hours of sitting and listening to Guru jees Bani, may be hard, but remember its only for 3 days so get as much Laha as you can.

Thank you Mat Pulo Rai, for replying. I remember when my health was real bad, I was lieing down and listening to paat and the granthis said that it was ok, as at least my ears were listening to it, as i could not sit. But I would not advise this for a healthy person, instead try to sit as much as one can. Maybe take in turns with the family, wait for the next person to exchange places, and then leave, so as there is always somebody sitting there.

i have found this online, guru granth sahib ji and dasam granth sahib akhand paath maryada written by baba teja singh mehro wale (student of sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale)

baba ji also has written steek on sri dasam granth sahib ji. but its not posted online, hopefully we will have it soon online.

http://www.scribd.co...Sankeph-Maryada

http://www.nihangsin...site/mehro.html