Eshnaaan (Shower)

if your amritdhari r u alloud to have a hot shower

Khalsa Ji

What you must realise is that the tandha paani referred to in Rehatnama is referring to the water from the nalka/ standpipe. Please note that the water from a nalka is lukewarm even in winter. The best thing to do is to shower with lukewarm water I.e. not freezing and not hot either.

a wise gurmukh once said, to wash somthing, you dont go strait to cold shower. hot shower loosens the dirt from an object first. wash dishes to learn this simple truth..

the reason behind having a cold shower shud be researched.. y we are to have a cold shower. there are lots of benifits. main benifit, as always in sikhi, is naam simran. having a cold shower, (or even waterboarding yourself! :p ) gives you control over your body's involuntry mechanisms. whether that be anger, sexual things, or just sheer control over your mind. this is why cold shower is recomended in rehetnamas.

i have hot shower! but not too hot.. and then i cool down with a cold shower.

personally, i find, whatever the weather outside, thats the type of shower u shud have cuz if its too hot outside, n u have a cold shower, after the shower, you will feel hotter!so if u in india, have a hot shower etc.. it conditions the body..

and jut to say, having a reely hot shower (not burning urself obviously) is just like having a cold shower. as this hot shower reely does wake u up in the morning wen ur feeling lathargic. :)

its al about conttroling your body. so decide yourself whatever type of shower leads you to do that :)

fateh!