Gurbani And Pregnancy

Here is a link to Sharda Pooran Granth by Bhai Mani Singh ji. In here you can find the correct shabad, which will give you what you want.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25542845/Sharda-Pooran-Granth

Wow what a great pothi. My parents have two pothis that have different shabads for different situations and needs but not nearly as insightful as this one. Those only have the shabads if your pregnant then you recite those but this one is awesome there's so many different ones for trying to get pregnant! Thank you so much I will always remember this act of kindness by providing the link and name to the shabads. Thanks looking forward to begin those ASAP!

Awsw mhlw 5 ] Aasaa, Fifth Mehl: aasaa mehlaa 5. siqgur swcY dIAw Byij ] The True Guru has truly given a child. satgur saachai dee-aa bhayj. icru jIvnu aupijAw sMjoig ] The long-lived one has been born to this destiny. chir jeevan upji-aa sanjog. audrY mwih Awie kIAw invwsu ] He came to acquire a home in the womb, udrai maahi aa-ay kee-aa nivaas. mwqw kY min bhuqu ibgwsu ]1] and his mother`s heart is so very glad. ||1|| maataa kai man bahut bigaas. ||1|| jMimAw pUqu Bgqu goivMd kw ] A son is born - a devotee of the Lord of the Universe. jammi-aa poot bhagat govind kaa. pRgitAw sB mih iliKAw Dur kw ] rhwau ] This pre-ordained destiny has been revealed to all. ||Pause|| pargati-aa sabh meh likhi-aa Dhur kaa. rahaa-o. dsI mwsI hukim bwlk jnmu lIAw ] In the tenth month, by the Lord`s Order, the baby has been born. dasee maasee hukam baalak janam lee-aa. imitAw sogu mhw Anµdu QIAw ] Sorrow is dispelled, and great joy has ensued. miti-aa sog mahaa anand thee-aa. gurbwxI sKI Anµdu gwvY ] The companions blissfully sing the songs of the Guru`s Bani. gurbaanee sakhee anand gaavai. swcy swihb kY min BwvY ]2] This is pleasing to the Lord Master. ||2|| saachay saahib kai man bhaavai. ||2|| vDI vyil bhu pIVI cwlI ] The vine has grown, and shall last for many generations. vaDhee vayl baho peerhee chaalee. Drm klw hir bMiD bhwlI ] The Power of the Dharma has been firmly established by the Lord. Dharam kalaa har banDh bahaalee. mn icMidAw siqgurU idvwieAw ] That which my mind wishes for, the True Guru has granted. man chindi-aa satguroo divaa-i-aa. Bey AicMq eyk ilv lwieAw ]3] I have become carefree, and I fix my attention on the One Lord. ||3|| bha-ay achint ayk liv laa-i-aa. ||3|| ijau bwlku ipqw aUpir kry bhu mwxu ] As the child places so much faith in his father, ji-o baalak pitaa oopar karay baho maan. bulwieAw bolY gur kY Bwix ] I speak as it pleases the Guru to have me speak. bulaa-i-aa bolai gur kai bhaan. guJI CMnI nwhI bwq ] This is not a hidden secret; gujhee chhannee naahee baat. guru nwnku quTw kInI dwiq ]4]7]101] Guru Nanak, greatly pleased, has bestowed this gift. ||4||7||101|| gur naanak tuthaa keenee daat. ||4||7||101||

I would suggest both of you do it together and your husband refrain from meat and drinking so he can get the full benefit and increase his spirituality. Meat and alcohol consumption will be wasting the earned spiritual wealth. You want to earn it and keep it amassed not waste it so live like proper Amritdharis. There was once a group of gursikhs who went to Hazoor Sahib and there came a Hindu man who wanted to have a son. He made a request to gursikhs to do ardaas for him. They consulted among themselves and told him that if he makes a promise to Guru Sahib that he would raise his son as a proper Sikh, they would be happy to do ardaas. He agreed. A year later he had a son. Few years later, he came back again and made a similar promise for a second son. Later he had another son. Both were raised as Amritdharis gursikhs. So if you ask Guru Sahib for a child, then make sure you dedicate his/her life to Guru’s way of life. This means the household in which the child will be raised should be free of meat and intoxicants. Many times, it is our own Punjabis who are big hindrance to their kids taking Amrit because they themselves do not practice Sikhi. You both must lead the same way of life. I would strongly suggest you consult only Guru Sahib and keep away from any “baba ji”. Guru Rakha

I would suggest both of you do it together and your husband refrain from meat and drinking so he can get the full benefit and increase his spirituality. Meat and alcohol consumption will be wasting the earned spiritual wealth. You want to earn it and keep it amassed not waste it so live like proper Amritdharis. There was once a group of gursikhs who went to Hazoor Sahib and there came a Hindu man who wanted to have a son. He made a request to gursikhs to do ardaas for him. They consulted among themselves and told him that if he makes a promise to Guru Sahib that he would raise his son as a proper Sikh, they would be happy to do ardaas. He agreed. A year later he had a son. Few years later, he came back again and made a similar promise for a second son. Later he had another son. Both were raised as Amritdharis gursikhs. So if you ask Guru Sahib for a child, then make sure you dedicate his/her life to Guru’s way of life. This means the household in which the child will be raised should be free of meat and intoxicants. Many times, it is our own Punjabis who are big hindrance to their kids taking Amrit because they themselves do not practice Sikhi. You both must lead the same way of life. I would strongly suggest you consult only Guru Sahib and keep away from any “baba ji”. Guru Rakha

I wish he would stop drinking and eating meat but he doesn't listen to me but I guess i'm at a fault in a way too. He has his head hair but used to trim his beard and now it's been two months since he started growing his beard out because he said he always wanted to. He has a conditon for me that he will become a amrit dhari if I won't cut my hair etc. I'm not ready mentally to become a gurusikh(I know it's bad) but I feel that's just an excuse he gives me because he knows i'm not ready yet. Shouldn't it be our own individual choice? He should do it on his own terms right? I do get the urge sometimes to take Amrit when I constantly listen to gurbani and go to the gurdwara sahib but Guru ji still hasn't given me that strong will power to become a Amrit Dhari. And the baba ji I was referring to is a Amrit Dhari and he lives in India and he's not like those pakhandi baba's. He just tells us to do paath and live in rehaat marayada. But thank you for your advice and I will try to convince him to do the shabad or paath even though I have never seen him do any sort of paath in these couple of years. He does a lot of seva at the gurdwara but that's about it.

Awsw mhlw 5 ] Aasaa, Fifth Mehl: aasaa mehlaa 5. siqgur swcY dIAw Byij ] The True Guru has truly given a child. satgur saachai dee-aa bhayj. icru jIvnu aupijAw sMjoig ] The long-lived one has been born to this destiny. chir jeevan upji-aa sanjog. audrY mwih Awie kIAw invwsu ] He came to acquire a home in the womb, udrai maahi aa-ay kee-aa nivaas. mwqw kY min bhuqu ibgwsu ]1] and his mother`s heart is so very glad. ||1|| maataa kai man bahut bigaas. ||1|| jMimAw pUqu Bgqu goivMd kw ] A son is born - a devotee of the Lord of the Universe. jammi-aa poot bhagat govind kaa. pRgitAw sB mih iliKAw Dur kw ] rhwau ] This pre-ordained destiny has been revealed to all. ||Pause|| pargati-aa sabh meh likhi-aa Dhur kaa. rahaa-o. dsI mwsI hukim bwlk jnmu lIAw ] In the tenth month, by the Lord`s Order, the baby has been born. dasee maasee hukam baalak janam lee-aa. imitAw sogu mhw Anµdu QIAw ] Sorrow is dispelled, and great joy has ensued. miti-aa sog mahaa anand thee-aa. gurbwxI sKI Anµdu gwvY ] The companions blissfully sing the songs of the Guru`s Bani. gurbaanee sakhee anand gaavai. swcy swihb kY min BwvY ]2] This is pleasing to the Lord Master. ||2|| saachay saahib kai man bhaavai. ||2|| vDI vyil bhu pIVI cwlI ] The vine has grown, and shall last for many generations. vaDhee vayl baho peerhee chaalee. Drm klw hir bMiD bhwlI ] The Power of the Dharma has been firmly established by the Lord. Dharam kalaa har banDh bahaalee. mn icMidAw siqgurU idvwieAw ] That which my mind wishes for, the True Guru has granted. man chindi-aa satguroo divaa-i-aa. Bey AicMq eyk ilv lwieAw ]3] I have become carefree, and I fix my attention on the One Lord. ||3|| bha-ay achint ayk liv laa-i-aa. ||3|| ijau bwlku ipqw aUpir kry bhu mwxu ] As the child places so much faith in his father, ji-o baalak pitaa oopar karay baho maan. bulwieAw bolY gur kY Bwix ] I speak as it pleases the Guru to have me speak. bulaa-i-aa bolai gur kai bhaan. guJI CMnI nwhI bwq ] This is not a hidden secret; gujhee chhannee naahee baat. guru nwnku quTw kInI dwiq ]4]7]101] Guru Nanak, greatly pleased, has bestowed this gift. ||4||7||101|| gur naanak tuthaa keenee daat. ||4||7||101||

Thank you.