Finding A Life Partner From America Or India

Guest delhi_boy

Guest delhi_boy

I am a 25 year old guy living in America for the past three years now. I am originally from Delhi, India. Many of my friends are now engaged/married or are in the dating scene for some time now (thanks to facebook). I think the peer pressure and the lonliness has started to get over me and I am also getting the urge to get married (FYI- I never pursued a girl for I was too much into studies). However, I believe the turban is a big hindrance for me in America to find a girl. No American (White/Hispanic) girl ever comes close to me for the amount of beard I have and the turban I sport. Indian sikh girls do not even exist in this part of America. I do not believe in just marrying a girl arranged by my parents.I need to share some emotional closeness and know the girl before I marry and this is really not possible when I am in America and she in India.

The only option I think is to cut my hair, start the dating and pub hopping scene here and get married to a nice white/spanish good looking girl. This may be a social accomplishment for me but something is holding me back. Your opinions will be appreciated.

I am a 25 year old guy living in America for the past three years now. I am originally from Delhi, India. Many of my friends are now engaged/married or are in the dating scene for some time now (thanks to facebook). I think the peer pressure and the lonliness has started to get over me and I am also getting the urge to get married (FYI- I never pursued a girl for I was too much into studies). However, I believe the turban is a big hindrance for me in America to find a girl. No American (White/Hispanic) girl ever comes close to me for the amount of beard I have and the turban I sport. Indian sikh girls do not even exist in this part of America. I do not believe in just marrying a girl arranged by my parents.I need to share some emotional closeness and know the girl before I marry and this is really not possible when I am in America and she in India.

The only option I think is to cut my hair, start the dating and pub hopping scene here and get married to a nice white/spanish good looking girl. This may be a social accomplishment for me but something is holding me back. Your opinions will be appreciated.

Please look into the basic principle of Sikhi. You really do not know why you have a turban and beard, otherwise you wouldnt even contemplating cutting them.

http://www.gursewa.org/Literature/Articles_English/General_Knowledge//Importance_of_Turban.pdf

Guest Princess

Lol... sounds like a troll. You want to cut your hair so you can hook up with white and Spanish chicks? Go ahead bro, but if you still can't get any girl then you lost your dignity for nothing. Singhs shouldn't be trying to do that kinda stuff anyways. You could talk to a potential rishta on Skype or something, if you wanna get to know her better. It sounds to me like your looking to engage in per-marital sex. What do you want us to tell you? I doubt you will listen to anybody's advice anyways. Another phony thread. Woe is me...I have no self-esteem and I can't hook up with girls. It's prob because of my turban...what should I do guys? Lol.

So from being a Gursikh, you want to become a sirgum.

You want to get rid of your crown for "get married to a nice white/spanish good looking girl."

I am sure that you will rethink about your decision and not turn your face from Sikhism.

You should watch this youtube video which ill try to find the link to and post later on. Basically the singh feels that no girl wants to marry him due to his dastar/beard. So under peer pressure he cuts his hair and his parents throw him out. He does all this just to get a girl. But to his shock the girl he liked turns into a singhnee and then when he tries to approach him she basically tells him what his done is really wrong especially as soo many singhs/singhnees have given shaheediya than give up their gursikhi roop. In the end he becomes a amrithari singh. Moral: its not your dastar/beard that's the problem its your own paranoid thinking.

Guest delhi_boy

Lol... sounds like a troll. You want to cut your hair so you can hook up with white and Spanish chicks? Go ahead bro, but if you still can't get any girl then you lost your dignity for nothing. Singhs shouldn't be trying to do that kinda stuff anyways. You could talk to a potential rishta on Skype or something, if you wanna get to know her better. It sounds to me like your looking to engage in per-marital sex. What do you want us to tell you? I doubt you will listen to anybody's advice anyways. Another phony thread. Woe is me...I have no self-esteem and I can't hook up with girls. It's prob because of my turban...what should I do guys? Lol.

Miss ... If you think this is just for premarital sex, I am afraid you are mistaken ... I assume you have never lived alone in the middle of nowhere in the US, hence the comment ....... Low esteem, really ? Tell me how many proper sikhs (with turban and beard) are married to White/spanish girls ....I am talking about practicallity .... Indian kids born and brought up in US go back to do arrange marraiges in India.. I meant to say I do no want to do that thing as I am not one of those who can love a girl arranged by my parents .... Even girls in India are now no longer preferring haired sikh guys... 50 % of my cousin sisters in India are now married to hindus ... I hate the bull***** which the so called Kaurs are doing....Also, Indian girls in US have definitely slept with 4-5 black men (for the so called hung experience) before they decide to get married ...... Hence a good carrer oriented guy who never even looked at a girl in the last 25 years is left with no option but to head to the source where supply exists (and thats how the world runs ? aint it).

You can still get spanish girls with a paagh it pulls makes a nice chat up line you can get approached. Kesh is not what defines a person it's there personality some selling points. Marry someone from america who is of a sikh background culture makes a big difference it's difficult to adjust people don't get along outside. As for meeting people it's about being in the right place, right time and you click. Sikhs are a small community of people so people struggle, jews and zorostrains have it harder then we do there is less of them then us but even they manage.

These days arranged marriages are like love marriage parents introduce you, you get to see if you get along and take it from there rushing into arranged marriages is stupid as is love marriages there is a point of extremities in both. Finding the right person is about compatabilitiy just have dinner, lunch or tea with someone get to know them don't call it a date just see if you get along see mcdonalds and starbucks, people in starbucks do it all the time they get to see if they can get along.

Then they build up from that, you will know both all girls and guys when they meet try to be more then friends but hide the reality of it guys and girls can't be platonic friends in reality but use that as a medium to move into relationships. Make some more Sikh friends go see gurdwaras you might can't introduced to your future wife travel more, meet people your age to get to discover yourself more and see who you are. Right now you are questioning your sikhi. If you are not confident with who you are, no girl will ever like you, confidence makes people more attractive.

Guest delhi_singh_in_usa

Miss ... If you think this is just for premarital sex, I am afraid you are mistaken ... I assume you have never lived alone in the middle of nowhere in the US, hence the comment ....... Low esteem, really ? Tell me how many proper sikhs (with turban and beard) are married to White/spanish girls ....I am talking about practicallity .... Indian kids born and brought up in US go back to do arrange marraiges in India.. I meant to say I do no want to do that thing as I am not one of those who can love a girl arranged by my parents .... Even girls in India are now no longer preferring haired sikh guys... 50 % of my cousin sisters in India are now married to hindus ... I hate the bull***** which the so called Kaurs are doing....Also, Indian girls in US have definitely slept with 4-5 black men (for the so called hung experience) before they decide to get married ...... Hence a good carrer oriented guy who never even looked at a girl in the last 25 years is left with no option but to head to the source where supply exists (and thats how the world runs ? aint it).

That is the most moronic and most stupid post on this forum in a really long time. I am not sure which part of US you are at, but trust me, enough Singhs are living a high-character life in the middle of nowhere in US, they are single and are in chardi kala. Also, the kind of girls sleeping with black guys you're talking about are the ones as messed up in their heads as you yourself are. There are plenty of decent Indian/Sikh girls in US. If your cousins married Hindus, thats their outlook on life, they didn't bother about Sikhi to begin with. There is a full-bearded Singh I know who was asked by a Spanish girl to sleep with her but he refused and never spoke to her again. So all that you are blabbing is pure garbage coming out of a person who doesn't have confidence in him worth one cent. The kind of demeaning words you use for girls, such as "supply" shows you can't love any girl, forget loving a girl selected by your folks.

Bottom line, the problem is with YOU. You want the short cut to getting the US green card and citizenship, which is why you are ready to give up Sikhi for it. Stop blaming girls in India and US when the real problem lies inside your own rotten mindset. If you are man enough, then stand upto the commitment of working hard and earning that green card over here, rather than depending on your wife and living a life of low self-esteem forever. Stop blaming the world for your problems. Be a man and face them head on.