Will there be freedom of speech in khalistan ?

Khalsa has nothing against free speech, people's own personal choices or how they innately are or other religions.

When Khalsa Raaj comes, all religions will be allowed and there would be no discrimination at all. We have to become REAL Khalsas of the Guru and only then will it happen and this means you as well SarabjeetS.

I used to think you were just messing around, but it seems you are serious in your posts. I can see that you respect Sikhi and Guru Sahiban even though you don't follow it and even though you have a lot of skepticism of "religion".

The problem is the propaganda machine GOI/RAW and many hinduvita extremist organizations spew propaganda to prevent this from happening. Similar to how all religions, including many good minded Muslims at the core benefited and supported the Khalsa Raj during MRS Ji's time, we need to show that when Khalsa Raj comes it will be for everyone even if you're an atheist.

The goal of a Khalsa is for the betterment of humanity, not Sikhi.

@acsap

What, including the drug taking, drinking and sexual antics? lol

The paradoxical thing is that most K'stanis of today would vehemently detest and object to a leaders who was anything remotely like M. Ranjit Singh in terms of personal habits.

Plus to be frank, from what I've seen of K'stanis (and as someone who was one himself for a long while), I think freedom of expression type issues would be very low on their agenda.

@acsap

What, including the drug taking, drinking and sexual antics? lol

The paradoxical thing is that most K'stanis of today would vehemently detest and object to a leaders who was anything remotely like M. Ranjit Singh in terms of personal habits.

Plus to be frank, from what I've seen of K'stanis (and as someone who was one himself for a long while), I think freedom of expression type issues would be very low on their agenda.

Well because of drugs, drinking and sexual antics the Sikh Raaj fell. Check your PM bro.

edit- MRS Ji never did such things prior to becoming the Maharaja. Guru Gobind Singh Ji knew that once Sikhs get Raaj Bhaag, they would need high characters because with power not only comes responsibility, but temptations. This was one of his weaknesses and Akali Phoola Singh Ji knew it, but not many people could do it. Dogras and British exploited it.

Charitropakhiyan speaks of such things to be wary of.

Well because of drugs, drinking and sexual antics the Sikh Raaj fell.

It was a mixture of factors bro. Putting it solely on these things isn't accurate or realistic imho?

Check your PM bro.

Will do.

edit- MRS Ji never did such things prior to becoming the Maharaja.

I don't know what you base this on? Because it appears as if we have little information regarding his habits when he was younger. Assumptions are dangerous.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji knew that once Sikhs get Raaj Bhaag, they would need high characters because with power not only comes responsibility, but temptations. This was one of his weaknesses and Akali Phoola Singh Ji knew it, but not many people could do it. Dogras and British exploited it. Charitropakhiyan speaks of such things to be wary of.

This I agree with. And note how CP is the largest section of the Dasam Granth (by far!!) indicating how much importance was given to this subject and indicating a strong awareness of how such things prey on us all. Quite opposite to the conservative see no evil, hear no evil thing we have going on today.

True it was a mixture of factors and yeah I shouldn't assume blindly. I don't know any better, but I would think he didn't do such things prior mainly because I feel logically he wouldn't have been able to get to such a state of uniting all the various misls/dals into one flag if he had such temptations beforehand.

We don't know for sure though. Only educated speculation.

It was a mixture of factors bro. Putting it solely on these things isn't accurate or realistic imho?

Will do.

I don't know what you base this on? Because it appears as if we have little information regarding his habits when he was younger. Assumptions are dangerous.

This I agree with. And note how CP is the largest section of the Dasam Granth (by far!!) indicating how much importance was given to this subject and indicating a strong awareness of how such things prey on us all. Quite opposite to the conservative see no evil, hear no evil thing we have going on today.

the thing is sexuality (any sexuality be it opposite-sex attraction for people who feel so or same-sex attraction for people who feel so ) is like a fire .

It can give you warmth in cold , and it can even burn you !

Trick is how u control it for you betterness !

ALSO , sorry for sounding heterodox , but I would also question the validity of conservative claims and all these pracharaks who insist so rigidly on ignoring kaam !

Lets face it ! as long as you are young , kaam is going to be there ! unless , ofcourse you are some maha sant , but then thats very few people !

So , kaam is present . When kaam is repressed , what happens you also know ! Priests of almost every religions caught in pedophilia or rape or such acts .. So , kaam is something like we have to control . You can't keep it suppressed . God knows how it might erupt one day !

Doesn't mean you have to be like sexually immoral either !

PLUS , If I dislike religions , its mostly because how these people in power have tried to control people's sexual lives for millenia ! Its such a great shame that being an adult , you need someone to tell you how you are supposed to behave in your bedroom !

How about 'just mind your own friggin business. your religion will be hated much less' < I tell this to abrahams followers all the time :p

Yes and many other religions reside in Punjab too, I somehow don't think Khalistan would be secular. Would a Khalistan allow Hindus, Buddhists, Christians or non Punjabi immigrants to rule? I don't think so.

Well I think it will be tolerant and allow other religions to be in involved in political/state roles... I base my assumption on the fact Muslims and Hindus have been able to practice their religion in areas dominated by Sikhs in relative safety for centuries! MJS govt had people of differing faiths in high positions and I have never heard anyone quibble over this, Most Sikhs respect Peers and Sadhus which can be seen in nearly every pind in Punjab... So why do you think Sikhs will be intolerant to other religions?

but I would think he didn't do such things prior mainly because I feel logically he wouldn't have been able to get to such a state of uniting all the various misls/dals into one flag if he had such temptations beforehand.

Not condoning it, but judging by surviving accounts he knew how to separate or time his 'shenanigans' so that they didn't generally interfere with his ruling.

Fella , this question has come from my experience with this same website and with a few "religious" and even non-religious sikhs .

Obviously , when you are going to create a country along lines of religion , then it means that religion would be the primary beneficiary of the new state .

Else , there would be no need for another '-stan' .

And whether we like to admit it or not , we may not be fanatic like the muslims and christians , but we have our own ways of discriminating too , even though we do it without realizing it .

I think Guru Nanak dev ji were never against free speech . Martyrdom of Guru Teg Bahadur is living example of 'I may not agree with your view . But I will fight till death to protect your right to express that view' . In this case the janeu ..

Are todays sikh so morally and mentally strong ? If you are asking for a country , it comes with lots of responsibilities too

As I stated previously Khalistan will have its own negative aspects but that does not necessarily mean its going to be the new Pakistan... and making Sikhism the primary benefactor is not exactly a bad thing! The make up of Khalistan could be like other religion based affluent countries like Qatar, Brunei or have the tolerance of modern Turkey... I would argue Sikh principles if followed would lead to a tolerant thriving nation in Khalistan! But then we always have people that say it will be Pakistan even heard Somalia once lol, its all speculation!