Is the SGPC a bit too sensitive here?

Beginner

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Sikhs-bristle-at-JK-Rowlings-hairy-female-character/articleshow/16596103.cms

I mean, she's writing about hair which Sikh women may have and also the perceptions others may have of Sikh women. Personally, i think it good, educates people, and as for the "derogatory wording" she used, i think it shows people what Sikhs may have to deal with sometimes.

Idk...I haven't read the book, but from what I gather, Fats is supposed to be a very disgusting individual. His commentary, when taken into context, I think would reflect poorly on his character. That's probably the intention.

I'm willing to give Rowlings the benefit of the doubt. I hope Sikh teachings are portrayed in the book, rather than just getting stuck on hair. I don't know why that is the topic that gets discussed most. There is more to Sikhi than just hair.

I also hope that clowns in India don't start burning effigies of Harry Potter and what-not, as that would only bring more ridicule. I hope we have learned something from that Innocence of Muslims film debacle.

I can already hear that fool Paramjeet Singh Pamma gearing up for another staged protest.