Not Feeling the Buzz

Guest Help

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i am a young amritdhari, who needs your help...

The problem is that I’m not feeling that long lasting “buzz” anymore. I do seva, during that period it feels amazing, doing Simran feels amazing, but afterwards, I just go back to feeling “urgh” I used to love going to Kirtan programmes, but now i feel like they are all the same (still attend them).

And because of this lost buzz I don’t feel like getting up for amritvela. I quickly listen to my path in bed. I’ve tried listing to katha, doing more seva. But it’s not working,

The Sangat of Sikhs that I have gotten to know has also let me down, by gossiping or just getting to political etc. So i don’t feel like doing Sangat.

Help!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i am a young amritdhari, who needs your help...

The problem is that I’m not feeling that long lasting “buzz” anymore. I do seva, during that period it feels amazing, doing Simran feels amazing, but afterwards, I just go back to feeling “urgh” I used to love going to Kirtan programmes, but now i feel like they are all the same (still attend them).

And because of this lost buzz I don’t feel like getting up for amritvela. I quickly listen to my path in bed. I’ve tried listing to katha, doing more seva. But it’s not working,

The Sangat of Sikhs that I have gotten to know has also let me down, by gossiping or just getting to political etc. So i don’t feel like doing Sangat.

Help!

Just do naam and read gurbani.Read sakhis of singhs and singhniya.Do much more seva and listen to Katha.Dont listen to hard Katha so start of with easy Katha.Then afterwards build it up.Wake up for amritvela and do ishnaan and read you nitnem.At first you will hate waking up but afterwards if you keep on doing it it won't seem to hard.Talk to granthi Singhs or kirtaniees instead of your freinds and always ask them questions.Do this for months and you will start feeling waheguru maharaj.

Don't make reading your nitnem into a ritual. Understand the meanings of guru ji - learn how to die to the shabad. The day that happens you will laugh out so loud at thinking how stupid you were and out of this stupidity you believed you were this person (body/mind). From believing you were this limited person all problems arose i.e "I am bound' "Guru Ji does not like me" "I am not feeling the buzz".

Find a way to die to the shabad don't just become a parrot and keep reading gurbani and japping a mantra without understanding why this medicine has been given then you will never know how to apply it.

This medicine has been given for the cure of identity/ego not for some sort of 'feeling good thing'.

Satguru mehar karan

Daas

Consciousness

• 1 month later...
Guest Gods humble servent

Chang things up a bit? Do ur daily nitnem but try doing other activities aswell, try joining sports clubs or something? Boxing maybe? I was like dat aswell, I'm a young Amrit dhari aswell, I took Amrit when I was 13, after the first year nitnem started Becoming more of a task but now I'm 15 and I have relised how important sikhi really is, and try reading Sri guru Granth sahib jee mahraj on srigranth.org, that helped me alot and it made me feel alot better