Simran

Guest wondering

Guest wondering

what are the differences in doing simran on your own at home, and in sangat at gurdwara in front of Maharaj ji?

does it matter if one cannot keep up with others, as i found it hard at fast speed, is it ok to rest go between then start again.

If you are at the state where you having hard time concentrating on simran on your own, doing simran in sadh sangat and maharaj is much beneficial to one's concentration than doing it alone because energy of maharaj and sadh sangat definitely helps with concentration..!!!!!!!

With that being said, maharaj is hazaar-nazaar everywhere in its nirgun-sargun saroop, it's all do with your perception.!!!

Guest wondering

thankuji, today i did simran first time in group and although found speed fast for myself, i rest in between, but it was different than thought would be starting off, but by end i felt good, loved it.

guess its new to me to need to get used to it.

yes you are right paji, easier to concentrate at gurdwara. what does your last bit mean?

With that being said, maharaj is hazaar-nazaar everywhere in its nirgun-sargun saroop.!!! ??

what i meant when i ask differences, is, do we benefit more in front of maharaj ji and in sangat?

Guest wondering

aww dont feel like that.,i felt that too when i went first time, but at the end, i felt my thinking changed a bit. I know its going to be hard to start off, and was going to give up, but i want to go again next time. I hope this thinking is not temporary and carries on to make me become a good person. I personally feel that u will get better over time, any body can go gurdwara, and bani is the thing that will wash off any paap, and awake us, into trying to get onto the right path.

I say go for it, u cant feel as bad as i felt when i went, it is well worth it, and u will only benefit, the only way u will overcome it is by sitting in sangat. I did feel very bad sitting in sangat, but i thought to myself this is the only way forward if i want to change, and that Maharaj ji knows everything anyways, even when we go to matha tek to them, whether we dont do bani in sangat, they know us inside out. Put ur trust in Maharaj ji, go for it..... :happy2: :waheguru:

daas wants to go to sangat to do amritvela/bani together, but often feels too much of a paapi to do so. i dont feel worthy to be in gursikh sangat. how can i overcome this?

I guess where you are based, Gursikhs gather in sangat at the Gurudwara to do amritwela bani. This is popular at a lot of Gurudware. By not being a Gursikh, you may feel that you are an outsider. You do not need to feel this way. Its just a confidence thing. Your worthiness is not measured by your looks or assimilation to others. Its not going to be measured by whether you want to attend ad hoc or daily without fail.

Just approach any of the Gursikhs that do this and ask if you can come along. The answer will be 'yes,' but you also will want to get to know a few members of the sangat so that you will feel a union with the sangat.