Narendra Modi tipped as India's next prime minister

JagtarSinghKhalsa

Hmm, you do make a good point and a very valid observation. Thanks for your input Singh jee. Indeed, Vajpayee sarkaar didn't really help Sikhs in a major way, in fact they paved way for future damage by exporting RSS to Punjab which was shamefully imported by Badal.

I am actually trying to understand the Gurmat perspective on this. Was discussing this and another Gursikh said that its alright as Sahib Sri Guru Hargobind Patshah Jee Maharaj was imprisoned at Gwalior by Jahangir, again the same culprit who caused the Shaheedi of Sahib Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee Maharaj and was as responsible as Chandu. Later Guru Sahib and Jahangir (please correct me as I am not too sure?) didn't really have any unpleasant ties, I think? Likewise, Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj had friendly ties with Bahadur Shah, the son of the same Aurangzeb who was responsible for the Shaheedi of Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee Maharaj. The thing I am trying to understand here is the Gurmat perspective on such kind of diplomacy where the greater good of the qaum is kept in mind as the topmost priority.

Alright so how could we (well, actually Sikh leadership) ensure to garner some sort of influence on the "supposedly" future BJP sarkaar in the center in terms of winning justice for our folks who have been suffering since 1984? Lets start thinking about it and hope the current Sikh leadership is also wise enough to think along the same wavelength. You see, beyond a point we can't really blame the other side if our own representatives are not capable to serve the community. The others hope for that anyways!

Mehtab Singh Ji, I think Modi would never go after those Congress politicians who committed the Sikh genocide. The reason, he knows if he does so, he will get the same treatment when Congress will return to power.

Do you ever wonder that while both Congress and BJP do so much mud slinging on the issues of anti sikh and anti muslim carnage, they hardly ever go about prosecuting the other while they are in power.

The truth is that a) both parties are hand in hand ideologically and want India to be a Hindu country, b) want to escape from being prosecuted for the minorities' carnages

Honeslty, I dont see Modi becoming PM of India in the near future because

a) There's enough split within BJP about Modi

b) There's going to be enough divide within NDA about Modi

c) He has issues about US visa which may be a major embarrassment. Imagine he becomes a PM and he's denied a US visa still.

d) Lot of people view him as a murderer first , a charismatic leader later. Hitler, Indira Gandhi were charismatic leaders too, but were murderers as well.

e) Modi rose to quick fame by getting his hands red with innocent muslims' blood. This fame is short lived. He could have just rose to fame with his development plank.

I dont see him becoming the PM. If he does, God save India.

Also remember, the most recent government sponsored Sikh Massacre occurred in BJP's regime, the 2002 Chittisinghpoora massacre where 35 Sikhs were killed by Indian army in cold blood, even Bill Clinton mentioned clearly in his book about this.

Do you ever wonder that while both Congress and BJP do so much mud slinging on the issues of anti sikh and anti muslim carnage, they hardly ever go about prosecuting the other while they are in power.

That is true.

c) He has issues about US visa which may be a major embarrassment. Imagine he becomes a PM and he's denied a US visa still.

Actually I remember reading that US and UK were now eventually going to give him visa.

I humbly offer the 29th Hukam, from Guru Gobind Singh ji's 52 hukamnamas.

"With the enemy, practice/deploy the various techniques of diplomacy (saam, daam, dand, bedh)."

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on these various aspects of diplomacy, can explain them.

By gaining a proper understanding of this hukam, perhaps we will be able to understand why the Gurus had a sometimes cordial and sometimes hostile relationship with the Mughal Emperors.

It may also give some guidance into how Sikhs should deal with the various political figures and parties in India.

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,18290

Notice that the 28th Hukam is "Rajneeti Parni" i.e. learn politics and the 29th Hukam is to use Saam, Daam, Dand and Bhed to win the enemy. These can be explained as follows:

1. Saam - Try to have a conciliatory approach towards the enemy to pacify him and end the enmity.
2. Daam - If Saam does not work then use Daam i.e. money to win over your enemy. In today's society, this could mean giving aid to the enemy country or having a heavy trade agreement with the enemy country which many times ends the enmity because economic concerns motivate both countries to keep peace and ignore hostilities.
3. Dand - If both Saam and Daam don't work, then use Dand i.e. punishment or force to pacify the enemy.
4. Bhed - If Dand also does not work, then use the last weapon i.e. divide the enemy. This is when the intelligence agencies like RAW, CIA, ISI, MOSSAD etc. come in play. They do clandestine activities in the enemy state and divide the enemy. Once the enemy becomes disunited, it becomes weak and thus becomes susceptible to defeat. At this point Dand tactic is used to suppress the enemy.

About Rajneeti (politics) there is only one main book in India - Chanakya Neeti and Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj had this book translated from Sanskrit to easy Punjabi/Hindi, by one of the 52 scholars of Guru Sahib's Darbar. I believe Kavi Sainapat translated this work. All the contents of this book are not in accordance to Gurmat, and as such should not be adopted but reading this book does make you street-smart.

At worldly level, even a Khalsa state would have to employ these tactics (Saam, Daam, Dand, Bhed) to secure its borders but at personal level, a Gursikh would stay away from these political tactics and rely solely on Akal Purakh for security. This does not mean that wisdom should be discarded but its best to never have such an enemy, towards whom, you have to employ these tactics. There is nothing like a peaceful life. Most of the times, Khalsa relies on Siri Akal Purakh and Siri Sahib for security.

As for these Hukams being authentic, they are recorded by Maha Kavi Santokh Singh. These must have been alive as oral tradition within Khalsa and he did the Seva of recording these Hukams. All Hukams that are in accordance to Gurmat, should be adopted.

Kulbir Singh

a) There's enough split within BJP about Modi b) There's going to be enough divide within NDA about Modi

I tell you one thing, I appreciate his skills for all the effort he has done for the economic development of Guajarat, but they are not going to allow a Gujarti to become the PM of India. Remember what happened with Vallabhai Patel, Nehru forced Gandhi to make him leave the PM candidate post, although Patel was more talented. The only way Modi can become PM is PM of an independent Gujarat Rashtra.