Neither Friends Nor Sangat - Only Guru i have :)

Gurpreet14

SSA All.

Want to share this from so long but was not able to but now i have to......

I became baptized around 5 months back.... before that i was a girl who enjoyed life- like whatever i think was fine for me i did dat..

from childhood i am non-veg eater all elders at my home drink so as i tasted all the well known brands.. my father does not have objection for taking liquor he says dnt make a habit..i was having lots n lots of friends but rarely have sikhs as close one.. i do have sikh guys as my friends but dont have sikh girls....:( i dnt know y.. mostly are hindus.. especially brahmins.. muslims n christains but sikh are in rare numbers.. as friends...

As my BG was religious but not amritdhari i use to listen to her alot she has so much of gyan regarding sikhism i generally use to sit n question her for various aspects of my religion...she use to clarify it which made me to cultivate luv for sikhi... one fine day i remember i just said to my elders i want have amritchak but they were against it.. they said u have ur whole life to do this... do it after 40s...

I use to do lot of path though as i m firm believer of my religion from childhood.. few days back(before taking amrit) i fall sick coz of blood infection.. its like almost for a month was on bed.. being on bed i use to search alot on sikhism on net n one fine day there was some zeal coming out from inside to take amrit.. without asking my elders i went to gurdwara alone n had amrit chak.. after coming back home my mum n BG was happy with what i did but my father was not.. at the back of my mind i was knwing what i m n what i did was all walking on path of my religion.. my significant other was 2nd person who hated me for wat i did :)

Now the real thing began.. i tried to find sangat.. so that i can get lil moral support.. n in real i dont have any Gursikh as a good.. friend... nor boy nor girl... though i just tried to connect with some most of them were boys but they took me on wrong sense coz of my frank nature :( Girls- i have came across only 1 amritdhari girl n she was also lil khadus.. :( n now went back to my old friends but as due to following certain rules in life as of rehat they demotivate me... Now i dont like people sitting in front of me n drinking... now i dont like people talk vulger n using morons.. i think coz of following rehet m mentality is changing... :(.

Atlast i m left out with neither friendz (coz i cant survive with them as if they will again make me what i use to be) nor sangat (for them i m more frank n they think i m interested in them in all the wrong sense) nor father is supporting.. all i have a Guru dats it :) Even my mother is worried- she everytime says that dont indulged deep into religion this is not ur age to do all this :( i am in early 20ties

N one more thing people run off when u start to talk about ur religion queries that u have :(

I am strong enough to follow what i did but in the mean time i m trying to hide my identity so that people dont judge me that i m amritdhari coz i m tired of listening pravachan from Gursikhs(elders) n Demotivation from Other.. leading to all Alone.. with few good people on this forum :)

Only Guru I have ... Only Guru i have :respect: :respect:

lucky you......you have Guru ji....that's all we need and are here for.........It's good you are alone in duniyadari sense (becaue once you get to higher spiritual level, you won't feel like talking to anyone anyways, so better to be away from them).......well Guru ji is with you and will always be...HE knows everything,......HE already gave you strength to move forward on this path.......

You know once a Mahapurkah ji did bachan ke apni larhai aap larhni paindi hai...koi kise layi nahin larhda.....all of us are on individual journey........to finish our lekha-jokha with parents, siblings, friends and relatives

lucky you......you have Guru ji....that's all we need and are here for.........It's good you are alone in duniyadari sense (becaue once you get to higher spiritual level, you won't feel like talking to anyone anyways, so better to be away from them).......well Guru ji is with you and will always be...HE knows everything,......HE already gave you strength to move forward on this path.......

You know once a Mahapurkah ji did bachan ke apni larhai aap larhni paindi hai...koi kise layi nahin larhda.....all of us are on individual journey........to finish our lekha-jokha with parents, siblings, friends and relatives

Thats true... i dont like to talk to people on all the faltu galla.. my ears rises when i listen to something related to sikhism only :D

feel lucky u r baptised i am not yet... regarding parents ya i don't know what had happened to generation of our parents i mean seriously

they means to be very different type of aastic(hindi word) like my dad and mom are amritdhari but they just do nitnem small and that to at 7 00 am .. and don't motivate me towards Sikhism .. they start having problem when i tie dumalla.. they want me to tie nok dastar always but i am dhith :biggrin2: .. when i say them i want to get baptised they just try to change topic.. :no: :no: :no: :no: even i use sikhsangat chupke chupke :pc:

regarding frdz try to make a routine to go to gurudwara sahib near u it will help u to make like minded frnds

feel lucky u r baptised i am not yet... regarding parents ya i don't know what had happened to generation of our parents i mean seriously

they means to be very different type of aastic(hindi word) like my dad and mom are amritdhari but they just do nitnem small and that to at 7 00 am .. and don't motivate me towards Sikhism .. they start having problem when i tie dumalla.. they want me to tie nok dastar always but i am dhith :biggrin2: .. when i say them i want to get baptised they just try to change topic.. :no: :no: :no: :no: even i use sikhsangat chupke chupke :pc:

regarding frdz try to make a routine to go to gurudwara sahib near u it will help u to make like minded frnds

so sweet reply regarding being Dhith :D

I go to gurdwara jaldi jaldi daily... n jaldi jaldi matha tek ke wapis jaldi jaldi ghare.. as i m working girl dont get time to stay for long :(

our parents are dogle/diplomatic....they just pick and choose ...............which is not right.......and there's no option left except to become "dheeth"

Someone gave me this advice offline when i was discussing regarding being dheeth yesterday - n i was like :omg: - She proved me wrong in many aspects of becoming Dheeth n not thinking logically :stupidme: :stupidme: She said going against parent is like going against GOD ....

She said ur parent have seen the world more then u n they know wat is gud for u .. becoming dheeth n going against their will will ruin ur life.. U They say NO to u with some reason.... U should always think before making decision that ur parent is with u or not :(

Someone gave me this advice offline when i was discussing regarding being dheeth yesterday - n i was like :omg: - She proved me wrong in many aspects of becoming Dheeth n not thinking logically :stupidme: :stupidme: She said going against parent is like going against GOD ....

She said ur parent have seen the world more then u n they know wat is gud for u .. becoming dheeth n going against their will will ruin ur life.. U They say NO to u with some reason.... U should always think before making decision that ur parent is with u or not :(

waheguru ji....from my personal experience ..I can tell parents, though elder and experienced are not always right.....sometimes they are under somebody else's influence and won't listen to you......and will force you to do what you know is not right..........and if You do something against their wish something like this...after realizing the truth later, they come and say "ye, we were wrong, are proud of you".......

........just fulfill your duties, respect them , love them as children.......

Parents nu har gal te hanji hanji karde rehna means you don't have mind to differentiate between good and bad.......if you say no to anything...doesn't mean you don't love and repect them.....

it depends on the situation how you are becoming dheeth.....for eg...if a child is on wrong path, parents for sure are right to scold him.....but don't see anything like that in this case.....

In this case......we all know OP is right and parents are not............if he does this against parents wishes.....2-4 dina ch...eveything will be back to normal.....it's for their as well as OP's good in long-run...............you know when we give medicine to a child...it tastes bitter..but mother still gives it to the child because it's for the good for him......

Do you think Bhai Rajoana's parents, Bhagat Singh, Shaheed Udham Singh, Kartar Singh Sarabha's parents would have allowed them to do what they have done?