• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• The old man states that it was his father, kulwant singh, son of Hira Singh, that converted. Kulwant Singh was married to Khem Singh Bedi's granddaughter. It's interesting how he describes the process. His father had travelled to Iran and came under Islamic influence during his extended stay. Came back and started dining with muslims. Sikhs got suspicious and started harassing him to quit his islamic leaning. Kulwant singh took off with his wife, from one village to the next, with sikhs in pursuit, until he landed in a more powerful caste muslim village, where he settled in safety and cut his hair. The wife had little choice left I suppose and was renamed Zainab Bibi. The old man states that he recalls his mother as being mentally deranged during his childhood due to the trauma of separation from her whole extended family members. Even he seems to realize what an <banned word filter activated> decision his father made to convert as they lived in poverty afterwards, coming from powerful clans that owned thousands of acres of lands. At one point, the old man says his dad used to say " we come from a kaum that is the sardar of all kaums" (referring to his own Sikh origins). I'm sure kulwant singh regretted his decision, especially since 47' buried all possibility of reversal.
    • Don't think it's related to badals veerji. In my previous posts and in posts by other Sangat members a few years ago, they mentioned about how Khalsa Raj is in our lifetime. Many people like to dismiss this unfortunately and have no faith in Bachans of Mahapurakhs. What They tell us is just the end result. Khalsa Raj is going to happen in our lifetime, but when many people hear this they think we are referring to it happening magically without any work. All the events that are happening now are towards preparation of Khalsa Raj and all of these are in Vaheguru ji's khel. Bad times will be for those who do tyranny Bhul Chuk Maf ji Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh ji
    • It's about time they pivot back to the Panth, even if out of compulsion. Sadly though, many of our brethren back home will side with AAP and Kejriwals puppet, Bhagwant Mann, and actually oppose this message by pinning it as a survival attempt by Badal through proxy. Sitting from afar, it just goes to show what a convoluted mess we have back home.
    • https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/akal-takht-jathedar-asks-all-sikhs-to-try-to-keep-licensed-weapons-101653328985989.html  
    • I think we have no option but to accept [which we should, as Sikhs] and come to terms with the worldview of Guru Maharaj, based off of what we can gather from both Gurbani sources and other historical sources like rehitnamay etc. It’s the only way we can keep our sense of sanity and integrity in the chaotic middle gray space we find ourselves in, wedged in between competing megalithic civilizations. Our doctrines and ideals can’t be reformulated to suit the current whims of the people they serve because of the relative proximity to evidence our emergence timeline presents. Regarding your point about our parcharks (post-partition), I agree with you. I have also wondered the same listening to the visiting gyanis. I doubt the schools they learned from had any serious Arabic/Isalmic studies programs, lol. Probably, they had rudimentary commentaries akin to those high-school level world religion books. I think most paracharks are genuinely completely in the dark about the darkside of Islam. Add to that the ambiguity of  sarbat da bhala without the asterisk.  I won’t get into Gurbani references in this post, but what is interesting is the rehitnamas and other 18th century and 19th century literature. It’s quite blunt in regards to Islam. Even our Four Kurehits appear more like a direct condemnation of Islamic customs, ie hooka hajamat halalo haram. The complete separation of food, habitation, and family from muslims that our elders practiced right upto partition speaks volumes. I think we have enough material to formulate a more appropriate approach to Islam and Muslims that won’t involve us holding umbrellas over them and renovating back old mosques. These next gen parcharks have info so readily available on youtbue, it just needs to be understood and disseminated in Punjabi now.

Important Information

Terms of Use