Akj And Tapoban

Well, I can't comment on dhunee. Some Singhs from that time said it happened, others say it didn't. Someone's obviously not remembering correctly. But like I said, if someone thinks that this is fine after considering all the facts, it's not like anyone's going to physically stop you from doing so. It's individual choice.

As for swinging: this still makes no sense to me. If we're taught a particular method, then it must have a reason behind it. And from all the accounts of Bhai Sahib in keertan I've heard, Bhai Sahib used to become totally mellow and in samaadhee when listening to keertan. When really really into keertan, his fingers would just stop on the vaja and he'd be silently lost. It would make sense that samaadhee is a state of being where the person is in absolute calm and sits still (as it has been described of Bhai Sahib in lots of accounts) vs. swinging wildly. I think samaadhee is about stillness, not movement. But if someone swings and moves in smaadhee, who am I to judge?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace cannot be achieved through Mud-slinging other sikhs or doing ninda of others, it can only be attained through our mutual understanding.

Stop attacking others sangat jee. With respect let others do whatever they are doing. Look within ourself and we should try to find faults in ourselves instead of others..

Remember, don't waste time comparing your life to others who seem more fortunate. Being fortunate is based on how much peace you have and how much devoted you are to waheguru sahib jee.. ^_^