Marrying someone from the same village as mums, opinions!

Guest Sharon

Guest oh my days

You can very easily be related without knowing , you are his pendu sister which is the kind of stuff Muslims do, its like marrying a cousin, I mean at the end of the day no one is stopping you marrying but its wrong, completely wrong.

No Palar, pinds or small villages can be populated by a family in some circumstances most humans are related anyway as long as your family relation is not within 6 links it's okay, it seems you aren't related and things are fine. The problem with cousin marriage is genetic diseases which stay within the same gene, if your relations are far away it doesn't matter, this isn't incest.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys saying, that If I marry someone who lives in same town with me, here in Finland - I am incest?

No Sir, because your culture is different to Panjabi culture. In western culture, only blood lines(upto an extent) constitute incest. In Panjabi culture, having the 4 gotras or being from the same villages of parents, is a no-no.

I hope you can appreciate that we have different cultures around the world, without labelling any that you dont understand as absurd.

No Sir, because your culture is different to Panjabi culture. In western culture, only blood lines(upto an extent) constitute incest. In Panjabi culture, having the 4 gotras or being from the same villages of parents, is a no-no.

I hope you can appreciate that we have different cultures around the world, without labelling any that you dont understand as absurd.

Can you explain in more detail?

What if the spouse has the same last name as your nanake's side, but that's it? What are 4 gotras?