Getting up at Amrit Vela with kaljugi kam dhandhe

Guest OP1

Guest OP1

i don't have answer for it........... but don't make ur body suffer........ a working person needs to do other task as well ..... its easy for a bujurg n ladies at home to wake up at amrit vela... but people who r actually remaining out of home for hours.. needs sufficient rest in mean time.... Babaji understands it..... u can adjust ur timings accordingly..... have a good sleep and then in morning when u wake up then do path,.... He understands it..... dear....

Thanks Bhenji.. Thats what I am doing currently but you know some time you want to do more and hopefully with Guruji's kirpa, I will able to do with less sleep and get up early in the morning. But during weekends I do try to keep amritvela and make up for week's lost time.

we should always be yearning to perfect

Agreed bhaaji. I want to go on that path but some difficulties are coming up. Can't compare my tuch body with that of sant jarnail singh ji. They were sant and were able to sleep for 2 hours. I am manmukh and need guru's kirpa drishti to reduce my sleep to even 6 hours per day.

Gurpreet is right, our Guru's were/are very kind and merciful they weren't hard and intolerant like we are today, so lets not make sikhi into some hard faced regime type of religion.

Sata and balwand left Guru Arjan Dev ji's Darbar in anger after throwing the money maharaj gave them for a family members marriage, next day at amrit vela Maharaj waited for them to come and do kirtan they never came , maharaj ji then sent bhai Gurdas ji and other sikhs to get them , they still never came , then Maharaj ji went themselves!!.

This is how merciful and kind our Guru is not hard faced like us sikhs today.

I agree nitnem should be done at amrit vela but if you are tired one day then as long as you still do it before 9am then its not a problem better than not doing it at all. personally anytime later than 5am -5:15am i consider late for myself .

Respect to those who get up midnight-4:30am :respect:

This is my view that maharaj understands.

You are right but as Jasdeep bhaaji said, we should yearn for perfection. Every day should bring improvement in our rehat and increase kamai.

One should sleep early, around 8-9pm in order to get up at 3am.

On the other hand if possible go for an afternoon nap to compensate for night.

Unfortunately with my schedule its not possible to sleep at 9 pm and even sleep in afternoon.

waheguru ji...you can utilize the 1.5 hour travelling time.....

I try to maximize my travel time but the 'anand' you get while sitting cross legged reciting HIS name or reciting Gurbani can't be compared with recitation during driving though its better than not reciting at all. The question was more about keeping amritvela and still able to keep up with your job and family tasks.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Need sangat's advise on getting up at Amritvela and then cdoing sansari dhandhe for the rest of the day. I am a kind of person that needs 8 hours sleep(minimum 7:30) otherwise my immunity start getting impacted due to continuous less sleep after 2-3 days. Now I have 9 hours job plus 1.5 hour of travel time which makes it 10.5 hrs(usually from 8:30 am to 7 pm). Sometimes work hours get extended also but that will be an exception. After I reach home, I start Rehraas sahib and by 8 I am free. Dinner is usually by 8:30 and 9. I take at least 1-1.5 hours after amrit vela for sleep.

If I want to get up at 3 am for amritvela, I am not able to do that. I tried for couple of days by getting up early, but I get so tired in the afternoon that I am not able to concentrate on job. The problem is not getting up but how to adjust amritvela and nitnem with my schedule so that I am able to get enough sleep and well as don't get tired during job hours. Its almost impossible to get up at 3,4 and even 5 am and continue the day with job activities till 7 pm without break. I know many people can do with 6 hours sleep but unfortunately I haven't got such kirpa from satguru. On weekends, I try to keep amritvela, as I am able to sleep in the afternoon.

Please advise as I don't want to lose amritvela day after day on weekday because of sansari acitivities.

Dhanwaad

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

What time do you go to sleep? You're eating dinner pretty late at night. I find that sleeping late is the biggest obstacle to getting up early, followed by eating a heavy meal late at night. If you fix these two things you can probably do it. Your schedule seems pretty busy, but by tweaking it here and there you can make it work for you.

For example, you can listen to Rehras Sahib in the car and eat dinner right when you get home. This gives more time to digest your food. And try getting to bed around 10 or 10:30. Then you'll have 6 hours of sleep if you wake up at 4 am. You can also nap after your amritvela. Also, you may find that sitting down and doing 10 or 20 minutes of simran during the day on your breaks will really help with your energy. just set an alarm in case you fall asleep.

Guest mr macho

For me its nothing

I wake up at 2:55 hit snooze once or twice and wash my hands and do the 5 banis and then go to sleep again.

After a week or two your body gets used to it and sleeping less is actually recommended by guru Ji for good health.

Guest scali

If you are sincere Guru Ji will move things around for you to make time for anything in your spiritual progress. Also as we get more spiritually advanced we need less sleep. Most saints sleep very less. Sleep is a necessary for soul, to leave the body. Soul get tired of its dramas. Soul knows that its part of GOD living an illusion. New born babies need a lot of sleep as soul is adjusting to the new body. You are not body or mind, Soul knows this its only purpose is conscious(mind) knowing mergence in GOD.