Islam + Sikhi - The Differences

Singh559

One on side, you say your parents are your GURU and in order to keep them happy you have started growing your hair, which means you see your happiness in their happiness.

But on other side, you say what about my life, my happiness.

Both statements seem contradictory, if one see's his/her parents as their GURU, and if they are practising something as per their GURU's direction, then their own happiness and life is as per their GURU's happiness???

And it should be observed from the bottom of one's heart. If not, even if one grows and keep KESH, but the deeds are not as per GurMat, it will be more disastrous for the religion, as KeshDhaari Sikh (a visible religious identity) indulging in non-Sikhi activities will bring a bad name to the whole religion.

Can you please explain some of the statements you made in your first post - such as Sikhism was created to prevent Hindus to become Muslims, to fight Aurangzeb, why a religion was required to fight Aurangzeb? As far as I know, any body born in family with Keshdhari Sikh parents will not have such an opinion!!!

JasSinghKhalsaJi don't waste ur time bro. The thread was about showing the differences between Sikhi and Islam ... so this dude came along to throw it off track and pretend to be Sikh. Everybody with the slightest knowledge of Sikhi knows that Sikhi was around long b4 Aurangzeb but this dude is wasting ur time + others jus because he's sacred of the differences between Islam+Sikhi such as slavery, age of marriage, death to infidels etc

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

Can u please explain why do we need religion, every religion says that there is one God, then whats the point of having so many religions. Why was there a need of a new religion to fight against Aurangzeb, couldn't it have been done by fighting a normal fight for freedom like Spartacus fought or like Indians fought against Britishers.

Another question - No disrespect for Sikhism, just clearing my doubts

What I have learned so far is that Sikhism was made to put an end to the forceful conversion of Hindus to Muslims, Guru Gobind Singh made a choice of following what he believed in. I have seen Sikh community forcing/emotionally blackmailing their children to stay Sikh, shouldn't they be given a choice to choose for themselves what/who they want to follow.

Let me guess female circumcision in the name of Islam does not make your list?