A new opinion on Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh's Death

Simran9

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Khalsa Jee,

There seems to be many misconceptions in some of the posts regarding Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and adulterated copies, to clear them you should read the eBook -

Adi Birh Barai - About Compilation of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib

If you do not want to read the whole eBook then read -

Facts About Compilation of Adi Guru Granth Sahib

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

He did not state that he searched for and collected the Treasure of Wealth (eikatha kita) of his forbears. It is the Word of God revealed through the Gurus. The Gurus should not be imputed to be irresponsible persons, not to have properly kept and preserved it. The fallacious stories written by three historians - (1) author of Gur-bilas of 6th Guru ( written in 1718 A.D ) after 114 years of t

he event, (2) Santokh Singh of Sooraj Parkash (written in 1776 A.D) after 172 years of the event and (3) Gian Singh’s History of Guru-Khalsa (Gian Singh died in 1921 A.D), giving odd stories about collection of Compositions of First Four Gurus, have only created complications. They were not Sikhs even, as we note in their writings, adulations and worship of Hindu gods and goddesses, while Sikh Gurus preached single minded undivided loyalty to the All pervading Spirit of One God alone.

I thought these historians were well respected.

I thought there were complications for the Gurus in compiling the bani so that no one can mess with it. What about the sons of Gurus who believed they should have been selected when instead somebody else was based on merit? The descendents of these sons are the ones who now have posession of the purtaan birs/ pothis such as kartapur pothi. They wanted to claim themselves as the rightful Guru and one way to get followers is to have the bani.

All stories that the Original Holy Book was taken out of Amritsar to Lahore for its getting bound, and Banno taking it to his native village, Mangat, when on the way he was alleged to have engaged 12 scribes and made another copy of the Holy Book, and inserted therein the spurious compositions, are baseless concocted imaginary fables.
How it is a fable when there is solid proof that there are distinct differences?
With regard to the Holy Book called Banno’s recension, it is the same Holy Book made on August

30, 1604 under the supervision of Guru Arjan Dev and Bhai Gurdas.

how can one bir have 2 different names? how can kartarpur and banno be referring to the same bir? why make confusion like this? No. i think these are 2 different birs. If they are the same then where did the banno bir come from than his descendents now have?

We have, after thorough examination of the whole situation by applying Reason, Historical Evidence and Comparison of Compositions of the Gurus with each other, reached the conclusion that Guru Arjan Dev had with him all the Compositions of the Gurus. In the circumstances, the Guru felt no necessity of obtaining the two books of Baba Mohan for compilation of Guru Granth Sahib. The whole story of Guru Arjan Dev’s visit to Goindwal, appearance of Guru Amar Das and praising of Baba Mohan, appears to be totally baseless.

so who created this story then? RSS? juz to fool us? Mohan is juz another word for God. So if Guru ARjan dev ji went and said some lines with the word Mohan in it, Baba Mohan would think he was referring to him. Baba Mohan in his own pride or haumai would not have realized it is also a word to refer to God.

The above mentioned story appears strange to us that in Amritsar, there was none to bind the Holy Book, and the Guru compulsorily had to send it to Lahore for the purpose! Imagine the type of building of Sri Harimandir Sahib, which Guru Arjan had got built. Marble might not have been used for raising this building , but there should be no

doubt that the whole building was built with small concrete bricks. The Guru got such a building built, which had to stand in water for an indefinite period. There was no possibility of using common building materials for such a building. During 1922-23, when Shromni Gurdwara Parbandak Commitee (SGPC) undertook the renovating work of the Building and the Holy Tank, it was stated by the experts that the type of mortar used in repair work, could not match with the superior type of mortar used during the time of the Guru.. The Guru, who spent so much of wealth on the building of Sri Harmandir Sahib, could easily spend few hundred rupees to call an expert from Lahore to Amritsar to bind the Holy Book.

Hanji, Guru ji had a telephone to call up person in Lahore to come to Amritsar to do the binding job. Wouldn't it make sense to juz send the bir to Lahore?

aren't certain areas famous for their specialty in certain products/services? juz cuz amritsar was made famous doesn't mean there were excellent book binders there.

You may ask any writer of repute, who has created his works after putting his heart and soul in writing of his book; what he would have done in the circumstances? Will that writer be so careless a person to entrust his voluminous hand written only Book to a friend, to take it to another city for getting it bound up? And then would helplessly await the return of the Book duly bound up? If that is so, then it can be said that such a writer has no value for his own works!

I do not understand this author. He is arguing something on something stupid. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Banno bir was written by 12 scribes, there would be clearly 12 different handwritings. I don't recall anything in Mann's book of this sort.

I only skimmed through the above site. IT is a nice job by someone who wants to discredit other authors by saying they are not really Sikhs. so the author of this particular site is a Sikh? what kind of Sikh calls Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji or Adi Granth a "Book"

I don't mean to offend anyone, but this author, Sahib Singh, has not really proved anything to me. He does not seem to have hard evidence from the puraatan birs. He has nothing to show about rearrangement of pages, different paper used for few pages, misnumbererd folios, different handwritings of pages appended to the end, analysis of time for when a bir was written which has no date, analysis of manuscripts in private collections or library collections and their placement to its respective original bir, analysis of death dates of Gurus written in the birs, colophons, etc.......nothing.

THis author does not sound like he has seen any of the puraatan birs and examined them. He couldn't have. thanks to sgpc attempt at going to court to get possession of the puraatan birs, the families have been mostly unwilling to let any scholar view them.

In the last 100 years the Sodhis of the Kartarpur bir have only allowed 3 scholars to examine their bir. i don't have the book with me right now so unfortanely can't provide exact dates or name of the first scholar, but the second scholar who was allowed to view the bir was Pashaura Singh. Mann is the third one and was allowed to examine the Kartarpur bir on 3 occasions in the 1990's.

I don't where this discussion is going now. I'm so sorry I ever started this.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that bhai Mani Singh sung the Assa Dee Vaar in a different order from Guru Granth Sahib Ji so Baba Deep Singh Ji said you will be separated like you separated bani.

Bhai Banno made a copy of Kartarpur Bir when he was send to bind the Kartarpur Bir. In his own copy, he added some shabads and wrote how to prepare the ink. Guru Ji saaw his copy and said it is a kharee bir. Kharee means salted or something like that. The Damdami Bir is in safe condition. It is safe. It will be brought when Khalistan is made. So ones Khalistan is made, all the issues such as Raag Maala, Bani order, Manglacharan, etc. will be finished.

Guest stopsingh2
Some even say that Shaheed Bhai Satwant Singh and Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh didn't shoot indra and it was someone else.

my 1st reaction to them -->> :lol:

and then -->> LOL.gif

and then -->> :wub:

and then -->> :) @

and finally -->> go get a life, coz we aint gonna be put down this way, or anyway! :(

There is a bit of truth in the shooting of Indira. Apparently another bullet was found in her body which could not have come from the shooters that the two shaheed had fired. No one knows where this bullet came from.