Vedic Texts On The Guru.

The above link is from the Puranas, which you provide. The Puranas say that Brihaspati is the Guru of Indra. However Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj through his 52 Hukams told us to keep ONLY faith in Gurbani and ONLY STUDY other religious scriptures. If you were to take the Puranas on the subject of who is Indras Guru as truth. Then you would be going against Gurbani, which states that Indra fell at the feet of Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj and Indra was saved.

So it goes back to the question of who does the Vedanta school call as the Guru? It cannot be Brihaspati or Puranas or Indra. Who is it?

I am going to interpret this as being you taking slight at what I wrote, as per my research the Vedanta schools label any individual who has received liberation as being worthy of being declared Guru, if he is ordered by his liberator (in this case we shall say Waheguru) to descend once more to the mortal plane and tutor other individuals in the science of liberation.

I am more critical of the Vedanta school because of their lack of definition of who is THE Guru. Look at how long Indra searched for a true Guru. Indra followed the Vedanta school. I have a very valid reason to be critical of them and make sure others don't fall into the same trap as Indra did. One respected Gyani said that if a person searches in the Vedanta school hard enough he will finally realize Akal Purakh. If Indra could not find Akal Purakh using the Vedanta school, then no one can as Indra was given ahead start on the path. Don't ask which Gyani it was because I know others will use it to discredit all of his value filled Katha.

Point being the most important point of Dharam is to define who is THE Guru and the Vedanta school failed to do this as they did not know. IK Onkar Satgur Parsad was only defined by Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj for the first time in creation.