Convincing Parents To Stop Making Me Eat Eggs

Singh97

Guroo Guroo jaap jee , i agree with you, but we all have our own experiences of how we were blessed with amrit, some people are born to amritdhari parents and get given amrit as children, which is a blessing on them.

Then others like my self are not so fortunate and we have been blessed by having full faith in the Guru and that he will take us by the arm and lead us and that is actually what happened to me, so in my opinion by not eating eggs one will achieve nothing until Guru ji is ready, i would advice focus on praying and asking Maharaj to bless on with the daat of amrit ( i begged for 18 years before my ardas was heard) in the first instance and the rest will follow.

This is my view and advice like i said we all have our own wonderful experiences.

Guru ji works in ways we can not understand how ever wise we may consider ourselves.

Are there any reasons to eat eggs besides the protein? I don't mind the taste, I just feel that I should stop because it's better to get into the right habits early instead of putting it off to the last minute.

you should explain this to your parents and give it a try. tell them you want to experience how it feels to be vegetarian according to sikh rehat maryada, i can not see why they would have a problem with you wanting to experience this.

you should explain this to your parents and give it a try. tell them you want to experience how it feels to be vegetarian according to sikh rehat maryada, i can not see why they would have a problem with you wanting to experience this.

My moms completely fine with it at this point, my dad on the other hand will take a while. But eventually he'll just give up. Thank you to everyone for giving their input.

Whenever they make you, just pretend that you are about to throw up :)

To pretend and deceive is NOT gurmat behavior.

It is as good as lying.

No parent would wish their kid to deceive them with false and pretend actions.

This kind of advice tells me what a trustworthy and honest person you must be.

The above advice by Sat ji is the best way to tackle this.

Don't make excuses or lies and just tell them that you want to see if you have the himmat within to be able to go with out something without craving for it.

Tell them that you want to test yourself and see how much you can 'Self Develop' before taking the full commitment.

There is nothing worse than someone taking amrit and not being ready for it and then committing a kurehit because they weren't self developed enough.

We are all different at our own stages of sikhi and development.

Maybe, set a date and tell your parents that from next month or two or some date you want to omit eggs /meat and whatever from your life to see how you progress.

At least this way you will give them some time to adapt and think through because there is nothing worse than a parent experiencing a child being adamant and requesting IMMEDIATE demands, it's best to set a future date rather than saying '' Throw this away, i'm not having it cuz i'm gonna be a sikh''

Besides, the egg issue is grey area like a poster mentioned earlier because in the west it is just a by product and never a fertilized egg. These eggs are laid regardless on a cyclic period by the chicks and real strict vegans don't see them any different to milk which is why they don't take milk products either !!

The eggs in the supermarket are an animal byproduct just like milk and the animal is NOT killed for it although both cows and chicks suffer extreme conditions for milk and eggs respectively.

Anyway, you should look into this yourself and make your own decision as I have no right to endorse cruelty to cows for milk over cruelty to chicks for eggs.

However, I do know a few Sikhs who are strictly vegan which means no milk, dairy or cheese..etc..and these are some very younger western Sikhs who fully understand the economic//animal welfare issues in supplying us with any animal product.

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji said don't make your religion based on eating meat or not eating meat. Many Hindus and today Sikhs think in these terms. It has been shown a human can attain all protein needed for the body from vegetarian dishes. No meat (including eggs) is required. Milk is not the same as eggs, science is a tool which makes many errors and it will continue to make many errors as time goes on. However, Gurmukhs, Satguru, and Sri Waheguru Ji Maharaj is one that never makes errors. Baba Deep Singh ate unripe fruit while compiling 4 Birs of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Baba ji could have jhatka an animal in a split second, but he did not as he received the nourishment from eating unripe fruits. Even during wars Baba ji never chopped up an animal to gain protein. He is the living example of how Sikhs views the topic of meat and non-meat dishes.

However some Gurmukhs did eat meat. Many of the naïve Sikhs use these Gurmukhs names to fulfill their tongues desire and never have thought about standing up for righteousness with a sword. These Gurmukhs who eat meat showed their strength on the battlefields and did extra paaths to cut the bad karma they got from eating meat. Never did they classify milk as meat and neither did Baba ji classify milk as meat. These new aged Sikhs have lost the plot on what is vegetarian and what is meat. If milk was meat then Satguru would have made sure Sikhs do not indulge in milk as meat drags a persons jeevan down.

Does the insect in corn or sugar canes make the product meat? Those who say yes show how naïve they are on this topic. If you say yes then go join the Jains as their are millons of living things in the air. Drinking water will be classified as eating meat in the same sense milk is being classified as meat. Even a rock is living, but how many think twice before kicking one in the street? Daya (compassion) is one of the key reasons why Gurmukhs avoid meat.

ONLY people that can eat meat in Sikhi for protein is the warriors that are fighting battles and they cannot attain protein from other sources as they are not available. You want to gain muscle mass, then do it the honest way and work hard at it. Sikhi is not an easy path to stand on. We fall many times and the best part is standing back up and keep trucking on the path. How many wars have you fought since you starting eating meat? If not then classify yourself as a butcher. Sitting in the living room playing Call of Duty is not fighting wars. Those that classify not eating meat as dharam, but have no problem indulging in kaam in marriage or out or alcohol, etc, are also butchers.

Sikhs have walked right into the Hindu way of life. You may scream I am not a Hindu at the top of your lungs, but without question your actions show you are a Hindu.