What Nonsense Is This

we notice there was no attack from your title of the thread: "What Nonsense Is This".

If you see what you beleive is disrespect, you have a right to question it properly, not to jump to conclusions.

are not able to see its disrespect?

isnt it obvious ? would u call that a good kirtan where people enjoy from within thier souls rather then jumping around hooting?

thats total disrespect to Guru Sahib.

These morons need to be told ,if not would like to seek a good action against things like these and other things will search out

if none helps would embark on meeting jathedar Sri Akal Takhat Sahib !!

Disrespect to Guru Sahib is something that is not Tolerable

So you feel dancing, music is entirely haram ?

music is not harm ,

but the music that doesnt make ur soul fill up with bairaag and the feeling u are not one and miss your beloved lord

is haram

with kirtan none should move should sit with calm mind and enjoy . i dont see that happening with rock

Raags should be best or simple music

this music makes u tangled in maya and makes ur body jump around , it doesnt let u free from this maya web.

classical is better either western or indian

music is not harm ,

but the music that doesnt make ur soul fill up with bairaag and the feeling u are not one and miss your beloved lord

is haram

with kirtan none should move should sit with calm mind and enjoy . i dont see that happening with rock

Raags should be best or simple music

this music makes u tangled in maya and makes ur body jump around , it doesnt let u free from this maya web.

classical is better either western or indian

How about dhadi jatha? How about gurmat related sangeet in general? How about a christian rock equivalent of sikh-pop where we use normal music to sing about sikhi?

Is dancing so evil that if you see your child hopping and skipping singing nursery rhymes that they should be beaten with a wooden stick and told to repent in front of allah? Do we need a taliban like approach? Have the taliban got it right on this subject?

Chamkilla these days is seen as classical doubt that's gurmat friendly. classical is just an era a generations preferences, plus the lack of advancement in music technology we gone far with the electrics, the apple kit, all of the digitisation.

In same spirit of sharing let me give you a janamsakhi from bhagadad guru nanak dev ji's:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/112312262/Guru-Nanak-Dev-Ji-His-Life-and-Teachings-by-Kartar-Singh-GurmatVeechar-com-pdf

page: 225 chapter 42 (which begins from page 222)

"The Guru replied, 'You have misunderstood the functions of music. Music is a potent a factor for good as for evil. It has a strange, subtle, powerful influence over the human heart and mind. Music melts the heart and makes its pliable."

How about dhadi jatha? How about gurmat related sangeet in general? How about a christian rock equivalent of sikh-pop where we use normal music to sing about sikhi?

Dhadhi jatha sings vaaran of our shaheeds and sakiyaan of our guru sahiban , you do not see people clapping or dancing on it. they move ur soul to be like those shaheeds.

Is dancing so evil that if you see your child hopping and skipping singing nursery rhymes that they should be beaten with a wooden stick and told to repent in front of allah? Do we need a taliban like approach? Have the taliban got it right on this subject?

No,a childs mind is innocent and ready to be written with anything u want. a singhs child doesn't suit with dancing . a singhs child is better suited with weapons and horse riding and doing kirtan.

Nachan tapan bhagat na hoi

What the Guru permitted was 'the dance of the mind', and not of the body. The Guru says:

"O my mind, dance before the Guru;

If you dance according to the will of the Guru

You will gain happiness, and the fear of death will vanish."

(AG, 506)

Chamkilla these days is seen as classical doubt that's gurmat friendly. classical is just an era a generations preferences, plus the lack of advancement in music technology we gone far with the electrics, the apple kit, all of the digitisation.

In same spirit of sharing let me give you a janamsakhi from bhagadad guru nanak dev ji's:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/112312262/Guru-Nanak-Dev-Ji-His-Life-and-Teachings-by-Kartar-Singh-GurmatVeechar-com-pdf

"The Guru replied, 'You have misunderstood the functions of music. Music is a potent a factor for good as for evil. It has a strange, subtle, powerful influence over the human heart and mind. Music melts the heart and makes its pliable."

yes , thats how music works rock/metal/etc

Classical soothes your soul , rock/metal doesnt - the body dances instead of soul.

these move you away from god they dont let ur soul connect , your bodies dance and forget. that is maya

i was a rock/metal guitarist before i came into Gurus sharan , i stopped playing it.

So you are against children skipping, hopping and dancing the nursery rhymes?

What prescribed punishment do you recommend by the shariah... oh I mean by gurmat?

there is nothing wrong with playing, skipping and hopping

nursery rhymes were never part of khalsa bhuchanji;s only dhahi vaaran were

and they didnt dance on it.

there was no music player at that time. those were silent soul moving times. even today good spirits who take birth again. those children do not like song's rhymes etc. they will walk away if u do ninda of someone.

western influence has screwed up many culture and impose to make sure they are right against all cultures.

the only moronic thing is dancing.

instead of dancing on nursery rhymes . why cant. kids practice martial arts just like old days.

there is nothing wrong with playing, skipping and hopping

nursery rhymes were never part of khalsa bhuchanji;s only dhahi vaaran were

and they didnt dance on it.

there was no music player at that time. those were silent soul moving times. even today good spirits who take birth again. those children do not like song's rhymes etc. they will walk away if u do ninda of someone.

western influence has screwed up many culture and impose to make sure they are right against all cultures.

the only moronic thing is dancing.

instead of dancing on nursery rhymes . why cant. kids practice martial arts just like old days.

So it's kuffar but we can make an exemption for it. Do you think we should beat children who dance and commit such utter kuffar, they must be doing great sins by dancing.

I'm sure western influence such as schools, hospitals, libraries has done alot of bad in spreading kuffar

So it's kuffar but we can make an exemption for it. Do you think we should beat children who dance and commit such utter kuffar, they must be doing great sins by dancing.

I'm sure western influence such as schools, hospitals, libraries has done alot of bad in spreading kuffar

beating wont be necessary , its the responsibility of parents , for all in all they should be responsible for this

Dhadhi jatha sings vaaran of our shaheeds and sakiyaan of our guru sahiban , you do not see people clapping or dancing on it. they move ur soul to be like those shaheeds.

No,a childs mind is innocent and ready to be written with anything u want. a singhs child doesn't suit with dancing . a singhs child is better suited with weapons and horse riding and doing kirtan.

Nachan tapan bhagat na hoi

What the Guru permitted was 'the dance of the mind', and not of the body. The Guru says:

"O my mind, dance before the Guru;

If you dance according to the will of the Guru

You will gain happiness, and the fear of death will vanish."

(AG, 506)

yes , thats how music works rock/metal/etc

Classical soothes your soul , rock/metal doesnt - the body dances instead of soul.

these move you away from god they dont let ur soul connect , your bodies dance and forget. that is maya

i was a rock/metal guitarist before i came into Gurus sharan , i stopped playing it.

You were a guitarist?Im a guitarist as well...Through my guitars I create sounds which touch my soul and bring me closer to waheguru... Believe it or not a lot of rock/metal songs are talking about waheguru...A person has to be open minded just to see the beauty of that song and realize its about waheguru.

You were a guitarist?Im a guitarist as well...Through my guitars I create sounds which touch my soul and bring me closer to waheguru... Believe it or not a lot of rock/metal songs are talking about waheguru...A person has to be open minded just to see the beauty of that song and realize its about waheguru.

classical/blues yes they do. but not rock /metal

they take over your body and your mind loses control over it. your soul no longer enjoys it

your body enjoys it, which is what we do not want.

are not able to see its disrespect?

isnt it obvious ? would u call that a good kirtan where people enjoy from within thier souls rather then jumping around hooting?

thats total disrespect to Guru Sahib.

ok lets take this instance as disrespect, but lets be fair and place them correctly in a queue where they are miles behind our own kirtanees. You want to talk about disrespect by kirtanis, lets start at home first.