Delhi Gang Rape: All Four Convicts Get Death

Mehtab Singh

Can you deny the caste system is almost a non-factor in the developed areas?

I apologise, I don't understand your question, do you mean, "You cannot deny the caste system is almost a non -factor in the developed areas?"

If this is your questions, I would deny this because it's untrue. Caste system is still followed by the developed areas.

So my question, this development you mention, what is this development? Do you mean better technologies, more money, improved standard of living?

I apologise, I don't understand your question, do you mean, "You cannot deny the caste system is almost a non -factor in the developed areas?"

If this is your questions, I would deny this because it's untrue. Caste system is still followed by the developed areas.

So my question, this development you mention, what is this development? Do you mean better technologies, more money, improved standard of living?

The caste system in its purest sense is just tribalism. The cure for tribalism is development. Racial segregation, inequality of the sexes are some of the issues that the west grappled with and the ultimate solution was development and the arrival of women and minorities into the workplace forcing people to work together for a common goal.This broke down barriers within a generation or two. The caste system is no different. I am not saying that there is no caste system in the developed areas but much less than in the rural areas. Absolute perfection is impossible but we should still strive for it.

I am closely watching the upcoming elections in India and one thing I notice now is that when the big parties (Congress, BJP, AAP) visit the big cities they almost never talk about caste because people dont want to hear it anymore. But when these parties visit the rural areas they almost always talk about caste.

Anycase, those are my two cents. You can agree or disagree.