Where To Read From Guru Granth Sahib?

Guest loveguruji

Guest loveguruji

WJKK WJKF

I recently took amrit and I want to read from the Guru Granth Sahib, I don't want to do akhand paath roll yet I just want to read from guru ji at the Gurdwara on my own time in private. Is this allowed? What do I ask the giani before I do so? Is there any other requirements?

Also is a must to have done your full santhiya before doing rolls at akhand paaths?

Thanks in advance

Guru Ang Sang

Guest loveguruji

They won't allow you.

First read from the pothis.

This is why Iam confused, why wouldn't they allow me to read, thats a bit discriminating... I am amrithdari, and doing santhiya on the side...

People on this thread: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73042-advice-suggestion/

are saying its ok for non amritdhari to have parkash in his home.

But i can't even go to gurdwara and read from guru ji there?

Please clarify

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Guru Ang Sang

Depends on the Gurdwara Sahib. Some are empty during the day with no programmes so you can read at your leisure and guaranteed during weekdays 9-5 most committee members wont be around to stop you. I remember when I used to work in Reading and visit the Gurughar during lunch periods. The hall was always empty but Maharaj was parkash. Had the same situation at Slough (Ramgharia). Its sad to see but the 1-2-1 feeling at that time can only be described as out of this world! Can you imagine, having a private meeting with the highest king of all Universes!!!!!!! Nihal........Nihal.........Nihal!

1-2-1 feeling at that time can only be described as out of this world! Can you imagine, having a private meeting with the highest king of all Universes!!!!!!! Nihal........Nihal.........Nihal!

Exactly, I think lot of sikhs have only developed indirect relationship (knowledge via books,katha, teaching given by parents) with partakh sargun saroop of maharaj. No one seem to go beyond that (may because of lot of red tapes around gurdwara policies). But when with good luck and good intentions sikh who does outer bhagti (derived from indirect knowledge) and also by worshiping/reading satguru ang and apply the teachings in one's life by satguru kirpa in over time one eventually naturally develops more inner personal-direct devotional, love, prem relationship with satguru granth sahib ji, then eventually satguru himself draws his sikh towards -satguru shabad naam form - shabad surat, naam simran then evetually into naam gyan layer. Its all in stages.