Nanaksar Worshipping Photos

jaspreet1

I am not interested at all on how you see idol worship. Gurbani defines idol worship perfectly so don't need your definition.

The object (stone/picture) can not provide no knowledge:

ਪਾਨ ਥਕੇ ਪਾਹਿਨ ਕੱਹ ਪਰਸਤ ਕਛੁ ਕਰ ਸਿੱਧ ਨ ਆਈ ॥੧॥

Because it has no knowledge to give:

ਤਾ ਮੈ ਕਹਾਂ ਸਿੱਧ ਹੈ ਰੇ ਜੜ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਛੂ ਬਰ ਦੈ ਹੈ ॥੨॥

The object (stone/picture) is dead:

ਜੌ ਜਿਯ ਹੋਤ ਦੇਤ ਕਛੁ ਤੁਹਿ ਕਰ ਮਨ ਬਚ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥

Worship is taking the above defined object and saying it is God or representation of God; therefore treating it in this manner, which can range from by putting it on a higher platform, putting garland around it, singing to it, bathing it, etc. Each religion has there own way of worship so defining worship in totality cannot be done.

I am not interested at all on how you see idol worship. Gurbani defines idol worship perfectly so don't need your definition.

The object (stone/picture) can not provide no knowledge:

ਪਾਨ ਥਕੇ ਪਾਹਿਨ ਕੱਹ ਪਰਸਤ ਕਛੁ ਕਰ ਸਿੱਧ ਨ ਆਈ ॥੧॥

Because it has no knowledge to give:

ਤਾ ਮੈ ਕਹਾਂ ਸਿੱਧ ਹੈ ਰੇ ਜੜ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਛੂ ਬਰ ਦੈ ਹੈ ॥੨॥

The object (stone/picture) is dead:

ਜੌ ਜਿਯ ਹੋਤ ਦੇਤ ਕਛੁ ਤੁਹਿ ਕਰ ਮਨ ਬਚ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥

Worship is taking the above defined object and saying it is God or representation of God; therefore treating it in this manner, which can range from by putting it on a higher platform, putting garland around it, singing to it, bathing it, etc. Each religion has there own way of worship so defining worship in totality cannot be done.

I am just trying to understand your logic of reconciling the above shabad with sargun aspects in our dharam along with gurbani quote-gur ki murat man mein dhyan gur ka shabad mantar man maan..so allow me to go one step further to understand, so if we apply your logic/reasoning lack of context then i assume you must be against people matha taiking to darbar sahib picture, actual outside of darbar sahib deori, matha taiking/bowing down to nishan sahib- change/wash/replace nishan sahib, do ardas infront of it, bow down puratan historic relics-iconography, bowing to guru maharaj and puratan gursikhs relics (ie- baba deep singh etc), matha taiking to entry of darbar sahib and people washing the darbar sahib floor with milk ?

I am just trying to understand your logic of reconciling the above shabad with sargun aspects in our dharam along with gurbani quote-gur ki murat man mein dhyan gur ka shabad mantar man maan..so allow me to go one step further to understand, so if we apply your logic/reasoning lack of context then i assume you must be against people matha taiking to darbar sahib picture, actual outside of darbar sahib deori, matha taiking/bowing down to nishan sahib- change/wash/replace nishan sahib, do ardas infront of it, bow down puratan historic relics-iconography, bowing to guru maharaj and puratan gursikhs relics (ie- baba deep singh etc), matha taiking to entry of darbar sahib and people washing the darbar sahib floor with milk ?

Are they doing all those things due to saying it is God or representation of God himself?

Nanaksar make that photo of the Baba as the representation of God, therefore they are doing idol worship.

A photo of the Guru's hung up on the wall of a house or a photo hung up of a Sant on the wall is not automatically idol worship. Take the same photo of the Nanaksar Baba that is being worshipped and hang it up on the wall and now it is a reminder of who this Baba was.

Are they doing all those things due to saying it is God or representation of God himself?

I don't know about them but you tell me personally I consider Hari presence in Hari Mandar as it's auspicious location of our Guru sahib and also great souls did bhagti in the past. . I also follow gurbani updesh of sadhu/bhramgyani/sant mehima and updesh for all to show respect true bhramgyani/sadhu in sukhmani sahib..

Nanaksar make that photo of the Baba as the representation of God, therefore they are doing idol worship.

A photo of the Guru's hung up on the wall of a house or a photo hung up of a Sant on the wall is not automatically idol worship. Take the same photo of the Nanaksar Baba that is being worshipped and hang it up on the wall and now it is a reminder of who this Baba was.

Bhramgyani Aap nirankar and they are showing satkar.. What you going to do? Take out sukhmani sahib like missionary bhausarias did?

I don't know about them but you tell me personally I consider Hari presence in Hari Mandar as it's auspicious location of our Guru sahib and also great souls did bhagti in the past. . I also follow gurbani updesh of sadhu/bhramgyani/sant mehima and updesh for all to show respect true bhramgyani/sadhu in sukhmani sahib..

Is English your second language. You are having a very hard time understanding what I am saying. You must be in your teens.

Bhramgyani Aap nirankar and they are showing satkar.. What you going to do? Take out sukhmani sahib like missionary bhausarias did?

Baba Nand Singh ji would laugh at this irrational understanding of Gurbani. Not even the Bhagat were referred to as Guru or given this title in Gurbani, yet Nanaksar have started to call PHOTOS of Babas as God himself.

Baba Nand Singh ji is gone. He left the instuctions to worship Gurbani and not a photo of him or anyone else. Dasam Bani speaks again. click on this link. http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=20112

I would copy and paste the Bani here but it is long.

Baba Nand Singh ji would laugh at this irrational understanding of Gurbani. Not even the Bhagat were referred to as Guru or given this title in Gurbani, yet Nanaksar have started to call PHOTOS of Babas as God himself.

Baba Nand Singh ji is gone. He left the instuctions to worship Gurbani and not a photo of him or anyone else. Dasam Bani speaks again. click on this link. http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=20112

I would copy and paste the Bani here but it is long.

Who said they were guru? Baba nand singh ji, Baba isher singh made nanaksar not nandsar please note.. I think holding once a year barsi program for great enlighten soul bhramgyani baba nand singh in satkar manner who showed the way how to do satkar of sri guru granth sahib ji is least sikhs can do for har jan sevak.. Same way I think about artist who spent days in devotion to draw bhai sahib ji randhir singh ji pictures oil paintings and pencil least he can do for har Jan sevak.